Honda / Acura K20a K24a Engine Forum banner
1 - 20 of 43 Posts

·
Registered
6,415 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
K-Tuned Front Stabilizer Bars for 88-91 Civic / CRX

MSRP: $169.99

Applications: 88-91 EF Civic / CRX and 90-93 DA Integra. Designed to work with all K-Tuned / ETD Traction bars.

NOTE: Will NOT fit with front sway bars.

Here is another innovation from K-Tuned. These additional stabilizers are what hard-core racers with 88-91 Civic / CRX and 90-93 Integra race cars have been asking for. These additional support bars are mounted from the back of the front LCA to the floor frame rail. The kit uses one existing bolt hole found on the oem subframe, the other bolt location needs to be drilled through the floor frame rail and bolted up. They are designed for use with 88-91 and 90-93 K-Tuned / ETD traction bars.

Please PM [email protected] if you have any questions.
Or email: [email protected]

·
Premium Member
7,171 Posts
nice setup

·
Registered
187 Posts
Very nice setup. I want them. Lol. I'll be ordering them when I get off work today

·
Premium Member
7,171 Posts
What are you guys making for the EG? If i'm not mistaken the setup for the EF/CRX basically makes the lower control arm in to a wishbone or A arm style control arm?

With more than one point mounting to the chassis it should be more solidly mounted and create less deflection... The traction bars do the same thing from what I understand but adding a thrid mounting point.

With the EG, DC, or Ek chassis they already have a double wihsbone front suspension setup. So are you looking at adding a 3rd pickup point for the lower control arm not counting the traction bars, with the traction bars being the fourth?

·
Registered
6,415 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 · (Edited)
We are planning to make a kit that replaces the heavy oem front LCA with an Aluminum bar and rod end setup. It will basically convert the front LCA setup to the 8891 style with a traction bar and stabilizers.

It will be designed and recommended for occasionally driven cars and more so race cars. Daily driven cars may want to keep the oem LCA in place for drive-ability.

·
Premium Member
7,171 Posts
So the whole front LCA will be aluminum bar? Sounds interesting...

·
Registered
6,415 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
The front LCA on an EG/DC2/EK is a two piece design, a main bar and a bolt-on rear section. We will be designing a rod end setup to replace the rear section only. Sorry, I should have made that more clear when I first posted about it...

·
Premium Member
7,171 Posts
Ok gotcha...

You guys going to incorperate any type of sway bar mounting point on them?

Just to be accurate the EK ones are all 2 piece except the SI. The SI is a one piece and the sway bar mounting points on all the other models are located on the rear piece you are reffering to replacing...

·
Registered
624 Posts
When I read the thread title I thought you designed a new sway bar. Maybe you might want to think about calling these something else.

Also, looking at it are these sway bar compatible? It looks like there's not enough room.

·
Registered
395 Posts
Hey,Mike

Count me in for a set for an EG:up:

·
HONDA HEAVEN RIP
2,754 Posts
this should eliminate the noises coming from the fronts of ef's when using aftermarket bars?

p.s. you should loosen that inner boot on the driver side axle and then re clamp it. :silly:

·
Registered
6,415 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
The light noises are due to the front end being mounted partially solid. Adding these bars will make the fornt even more solid and divide the stress. I'm not sure how it will affect the noise...

Thanks for the heads up on the axle. :silly:

·
Registered
183 Posts
Mike will these work if there is a front lower sway bar on the EF? From the pictures, it looks like my sway bar will interfere...?

1 - 20 of 43 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.