Honda / Acura K20a K24a Engine Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
3,778 Posts
Numbers I dont know.:confused: At least K-tuned has an original design! Not a SSR knock off thats not up to par like Rcrew and many others! Even though they are knock offs they will yield decent power!

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
seems like nobody is bothering to use the K-tuned header, I only found one post with somebody using it, but it didn't say much. The K-tuned is only $325 were as the Rcrew is more like $700, thats a big price diff, there can't be that much diff in performance, can there?

·
Registered
3,778 Posts
seems like nobody is bothering to use the K-tuned header, I only found one post with somebody using it, but it didn't say much. The K-tuned is only $325 were as the Rcrew is more like $700, thats a big price diff, there can't be that much diff in performance, can there?
You can find Rcrews for 350 sometimes! A guy is selling one for 450 shipped right now! :up:

http://k20a.org/forum/showthread.php?t=60671

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
The K-tuned header looks similar to the DC sports header. Posts seem to indicate that the Rcrew makes more power then the DC, The K-tuned site says its header was designed for easy of fitment.

I've read that some of the older Rcrew headers didn't fit well, I'm guess they fixed this?

·
Registered
6,415 Posts
Just want to clarify that we have 2 headers. One Budget 4-2-1 and our new Race 4-1 with full merge collector, will be available in a couple months.

I'm pretty certain that our 4-2-1 budget header will fall short in power when compared with the big name headers like DTR/SSR, SMSP, and R-Crew. Our budget header is designed to fit perfectly and meant as an entry level header that doesn't break the bank... The primaries and secondaries are a little bigger than the DC header and overall it makes good power on somewhat stock setups.

The 4-1 will be well priced as well, but will definately perform better in the higher RPM range.

Hopefully that helps you out. :up:

·
Registered
6,415 Posts
Thanks for the info.

Would your 4-2-1 budget header be a better choice for the k24a2 since it has a lower redline then the k20's?
The budget 4-2-1 is the only choice for k24's, our race version will only fit K20's for now...

Can you give us a range on the price of the race version header???
The 4-1 Race header is set to be about $499 MSRP.

·
/) ^3^(\ <- SO AWESOME!!
2,648 Posts
I would have gotten the K-Tuned 4-2-1 header if it was out before I bought the DC Sports one. One is partially because I'm also in Canada (as they are). The other reason is that the 4-2-1 header has the 1-4 and 2-3 pairing. Spreads things out more evenly if that makes any sense. Like when cylinder 1 is at top, so is cyl 4 but only one of them is releasing exhaust. No overlap at the 1-4 collector. But I'm not exactly an expert in header design. It's just something I've convinced myself was a better pairing. :D

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.