Honda / Acura K20a K24a Engine Forum banner

61 - 71 of 71 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,608 Posts
correct me if im wrong but that notch is to pull vac for the iacv. normaly its built into the manifold but not on the rrc. you could probably get away with an even smaller hole ive seen people just use a dremel and take a few mm's off the adapter to pull vac. just looks like a little slit. might be less abrasive for the incoming air.

·
Registered
6,415 Posts
Discussion Starter #64
^^^ nice that is helpful. Do you have to do that only if you're running an IACV? its hard to see what that notch is for. thanks Mike!
You need to make the notch or slit if you are using the RRC manifold, and only if you plan to keep the IACV functional.

correct me if im wrong but that notch is to pull vac for the iacv. normaly its built into the manifold but not on the rrc. you could probably get away with an even smaller hole ive seen people just use a dremel and take a few mm's off the adapter to pull vac. just looks like a little slit. might be less abrasive for the incoming air.
Yes the notch is for the IACV. I definitely agree that the slit could be smaller and would disturb the incoming air much less.

·
Registered
753 Posts
Mike, just want to add something to help buyers on the fence about picking one of these when they have an RRC manifold. If they would buy your thermal throttle body gasket made for the 2004-2005 TSX it would provide the SOLUTION to being able to make the provision for IACV, no grinding required.

·
Registered
6,415 Posts
Discussion Starter #67
Thanks for showing that trick in here.
I have actually been recommending that to a few people.
You don't need to cut the adapter if you use the TSX gasket.

·
Registered
4,264 Posts
You need to make the notch or slit if you are using the RRC manifold, and only if you plan to keep the IACV functional.

Yes the notch is for the IACV. I definitely agree that the slit could be smaller and would disturb the incoming air much less.
Just to clarify things a little better. If I want to run a RRC manifold without IACV, do I still need to notch that piece of the adapter?

What else needs to get done to have this fit since it's for a RBC not RRC. Just purchased a 70mm throttle and just want to make sure what needs to get done:up:

·
Registered
546 Posts
Revive. So this works on the rbb IM to ep3 throttle body. How many TB gaskets do I need? And if only one, which side do I put it on, the intake or IM side?

Also, PM price for this and the RBB thermal IM gasket please. Thanks

·
Registered
6,415 Posts
Discussion Starter #71
Yes our RBC Adapter will bolt up to the RBB IM opening and convert it to your EP3 TB bolt pattern. You will only need the TB gasket. Our adapter comes with the gasket needed for the IM side.

I will PM you the pricing you requested.

61 - 71 of 71 Posts