Honda / Acura K20a K24a Engine Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Greetings! I would like to introduce myself and my project. I have a 1990 rx7 fc3s that is currently under construction. It has a k24a2 head and a k20z3 block. ( yea I know it’s a backwards Frankenstein but it’s what was available) I have a S2000 ap2 transmission. The plan is for track use only. Lots of updates coming. Here is my Instagram if you want to follow the videos and such.
http://instagr.am/p/B1Zioqxj_d1/

·
Arouse the DAMPFHAMMER!
5,676 Posts
...I would like to introduce myself and my project. I have a 1990 rx7 fc3s that is currently under construction. It has a k24a2 head and a k20z3 block. ( yea I know it’s a backwards Frankenstein but it’s what was available) I have a S2000 ap2 transmission. The plan is for track use only...
Welcome to K20a.org Justkswapit! Sounds like an interesting project. I like the idea very much as many RX7 guys only built boosted engines. Seems like the RX7 only makes that way fun?! I don't believe that, even if the curb weight of the basis is pretty heavy for a chassis of the 90'ies. Its a RWD, that's allways more fun, especially with an high revving engine. What is your goal for the engine built power-wise?

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Definitely shooting for high hp. I’m working on getting the motor built to withstand 800+hp so somewhere around there.

·
Arouse the DAMPFHAMMER!
5,676 Posts
Definitely shooting for high hp. I’m working on getting the motor built to withstand 800+hp so somewhere around there.
Definitely achievable with around 25 [email protected] rpm and an appropriate intercooler to bring the air temperature down to around 60 °C at WOT. Then a 10:1 CR will work with E85 and 2000 cc/min injectors.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Also big ups for suggesting companies that are not so well known. All I ever hear about is skunk2 but their customer service is terrible

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
The toda stuff seems nice. Those ones are not suggested on their site for high boost. I’m shooting for like 20+psi

1 - 10 of 10 Posts