Honda / Acura K20a K24a Engine Forum banner

121 - 132 of 132 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Just got my K20A2 Type R 6sp LSD, ECU etc. Currently sitting in front of the car I'm planning on implanting it in, a relatively clean body 91'lude. Prior to purchase, I had a great discussion with a V.A.S.S engineer regarding the swap and he reignited the confidence already instilled in me by my own multiple measuring circuits at the wreckers, and having faith in my own ability to make it work. Naturally enough stock (externally) to get it through compliance, then dial it in.
For me it has to be a 3G 'lude, there isn't a sweeter drive, even with "just" a B20A in it, and there was no way I was going to drop a H22 in.
Soon as I start will have a build thread, giving myself 6 months, before bitumen.

Cheers Rusty

·
Registered
297 Posts
Good stuff Rusty! You've just made one of the best choices of your life by buying yourself a K motor ;) Keen as for updates! Pics, lots of pics please!

I've been dailying my K24 DC2 for a year now, and it still puts the exact same huge smile on my face as the very first time I drove a K and realised what all the fuss was about

Build thread:
http://www.ozhonda.com/forum/showthread.php?147359-Alex-s-K24-DC2/page131

I love it so much that I've just bought myself an EG and am about to put a K20 in to that lol:
http://www.ozhonda.com/forum/showthread.php?180708-Alex-s-K20-EG&p=3874893#post3874893

·
Registered
21 Posts
Its been a while since my last post.
Its my first time to have a project like this, so I was in a constant look out on this forum for all info i can gather to help me get all the parts needed for my project.

....and the good news is that My project EG all K24a3 motor and 6spd tranny is now finished.
Took me 3 years of agonizing saving up to buy parts brought from the U.S its a sigh of relief to get this project to have it put into the engine bay.

Just like everyone says....it will put a smile in your face knowing you have an NA beast under the hood.
And Its now into teething program to see how they all hold up together.

Engine has full stock internals except for the 50* VTC gear set to 30*
basic power up bolt on parts used for my EG k24a3
Kpro engine managment
Rcrew headers, hi flow cat and 2.5" exhaust with xforce twin loop at the end. Its a quiet in the street so its good it doesn't get attention
Raised the car up a bit to minimize the oil sump bumps

So far I can share the first few nigglets I have experienced:
Part of my engine valve cover and brake boost tube frm ITB hits the hood and hood frame, so some cutting of the hood frame has to be done, and put some washers on the hinge to raise it up a bit. Some says because ofmy Hasport mounts, ive got the first generation mounts.
Idling not constant between 1000 to 1500 rpm. But its drivable.
Exedy organic clutch stage1 a bit of a bite in the crawling stop and go traffic and have to practice getting used to it.
Having some issues with thermostat as it heats up in the slow crawling traffic and engine light comes on.
So we took out the thermostat for the time being to stop it from over heating. Im going to get a mishimoto racing thermostat that opens at 68*

Its a daily driver's car. But due to work schedule, I dont have enough time to take it for a long street traffic driving. But at the moment all is working well. Ive got the creature comforts hooked up, electric power steering and a working aircon.
Ive got the Karcept CAI system but intead i used a DC2R intake box for legal purposes. Great sound once I rev it up, intoxicating engine growl.
ive lost a bit of kilowatt power but at least its safe from hydro lock and in stock look form.

So far...so good. As everyone says, k24a3 is a torque monster.

·
Registered
1 Posts
This is mine. 1990 Toyota starlet GT. K20z4 with Autronic + Nitrous

Hoping to get it on track this Saturday to try the K20 for the first time.
Cheers

Harry

121 - 132 of 132 Posts