Honda / Acura K20a K24a Engine Forum banner

101 - 120 of 132 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
USDMEM1...Looking at your avatar, looks like you have a track prep car time attack. I pressume a K20A under that hood with lots of goodies. One mean machine. im sure this build of yours should be ready soon. Post some pictures when its all done.

·
Registered
15 Posts
USDMEM1...Looking at your avatar, looks like you have a track prep car time attack. I pressume a K20A under that hood with lots of goodies. One mean machine. im sure this build of yours should be ready soon. Post some pictures when its all done.
Hey mate, yeh it is built for time attack. Was running a b20vtec setup last year but currently going through a K24 swap. Has been a slow process as I am doing it all myself in the garage at home. But getting very close :)

Here is a pic of it from last year:

This is how it currently sits:

Next track day is in less than a month, so that is my goal.

·
Registered
21 Posts
USDMEM1...its a mean looking civic. looks like its almost done, just have to drop it into the engine bay. im suprise you didnt use the K20A. Did you also upgraded the internal biys of your K24? This is another quick track car.

·
Registered
15 Posts
USDMEM1...its a mean looking civic. looks like its almost done, just have to drop it into the engine bay. im suprise you didnt use the K20A. Did you also upgraded the internal biys of your K24? This is another quick track car.
Thanks mate, yeh I guess it's fairly quick for what it is. Considering it was just a failry simple B20 build and drvien by myself, certainly surprised a lot of people. Should be a lot quick er when the kseries is finally dropped in. I have upgraded to the ERL's s2k oil pump, a 50 degree VTC cam gear installed and the DC5R Gbox with GEAR-X close ratio gear set and Wavetrak LSD, but thats all for now. I have the DC5R valve train ready to go in as well as the DC5R intake cam. But that will go in after the first track day (not enough time to install befor it :/)

·
Registered
28 Posts
wow nice. are those swaps pretty easy these days?

ive got an E plug from a 05-06 k20z1 harness im in brissy pm me

·
Registered
7 Posts
hay guys decided to register here. some of you might know me from ozhonda and club ITR.

Currently building a black dc2 with lots of gear on her. doing the whole wiring battle atm but hope to work through it.

Cheers

·
Registered
15 Posts
I just realised I have barely posted here at all :/

Here is how mine is currently:

hay guys decided to register here. some of you might know me from ozhonda and club ITR.

Currently building a black dc2 with lots of gear on her. doing the whole wiring battle atm but hope to work through it.

Cheers
Vvvtec aka Alex's DC2? sup mate, more updates!!

·
Registered
73 Posts
Whats cracking guys? Thought I would try and revive the Aussie thread. Any new K swaps happening?
Im doin a k24 ek soon, will chuck up a build thread here once I've got more parts. trying to find a transmission at the moment then i just need some parts from autofair and hpt before I can start with the swap.

101 - 120 of 132 Posts