Honda / Acura K20a K24a Engine Forum banner
1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
1,476 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
well guys i dont know what the quickest time that mounting a motor in an EF for mock up was, but it took me a solid day. 2 days if you include removing the D. the hard part was all of the relocation stuff and removing the front and left mount. anyways too bad i cant really set any EF Kswap record because i cant work onit again til thursday... anywas pics to come later. all i need now is the alternator relocation bracketry and the belt. after that its fuel line and then wiring. overall its been pretty simple, just time consuming.

NO CEL with NO KPRO

·
Registered
586 Posts
Im gonna join in on this. I wanted to do this swap bad, but imma opt for a newer Civic to do it in.

Good luck in your swap, make sure to keep us updated.

·
Registered
1,476 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
well guys... pic to come this evening or tomorrow evening. i got the swap near completed in about a week and a half. no kpro. no wiring troubles. what i did was ran 100% of the rsx type s harness all throughout the car with the fuseboxes. since i was able to get a complete donor car for the swap i had the rsx guage cluster, ecu, axles, steering column and all else. for the axles i used the OEM axle combo after reassurance from chief rocka that theyll work in the EF swap. i fabbed up a couple of bracked to hold an EG radiator in place with the thinner RSX-S fan. for right now the fan switch is jumped off while i wait on the coupler piece from HASPORT. i wont be home this upcoming week but hope to add some finishing touches to the car being some kind of dash and front bumper etc. yall stand by for pictures to come tonight or tomorrow evening.

·
Registered
654 Posts
Do you have a pic of what you cut on the headlight bracket? What pulley, and what belt is that? Thanks!

Ryan

·
Registered
1,476 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
its a mugen replica steering wheel. i thought it looked decent myself.. thanks... that is actually the OBX pulley. that pulley is the same size as stock... i didnt know that until it came in :hammer: . what i did to get it to fit was modify my alternator. the bolt holes for the alternator are round right?... well what i did was get on my drill press and made the holes oblong so that the alternator will slide upward for clearance on the belt. and i used a nut to tension the belt. that belt is a 38 inch belt, which i picked up at advance auto parts (my work). as you can see its only a 5 groove belt but we had it in stock so i grabbed it up. it can be ordered however in the 7 groove. the part number would be 5070380 by dayco. also... no i do not have a pic yet of what i cut on the headlight bracket. but i can get you a pic of that probably tonight.

·
Registered
15 Posts
It's been done already RSX dash in CRX so it seems like it's not a big problem,
I have 96' whole dash in civic HB 90' and it's not that different then RSX or teg one

CYA

·
Registered
1,476 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
jarelee said:
are you gonna be fabbing the rsx dash to fit? or using the crx dash with the rsx cluster, etc?

good shit!
well i initially thought about it but i decided to sell the dash along with the airbags and center console. plus, this is goin to be a full out racecar. i mean yea i could still have a pimp dash, but the money spoke louder than the thought. im actually thinking about fabbing up a brushed aluminum dash just to remain somewhat street legal.

also, thanks for the positive reviews guys. is anyone else that has done K swaps had any trouble with people sayin crap like yea you'll never get it done, or it'll take you months and plenty of money you dont have? anyways, it took me all of $4300 and a week and a half to get the motor in the car and running. all i have left to do is cleanup and throw in some goodies.

·
Registered
27 Posts
tony4380 said:
well i initially thought about it but i decided to sell the dash along with the airbags and center console. plus, this is goin to be a full out racecar. i mean yea i could still have a pimp dash, but the money spoke louder than the thought. im actually thinking about fabbing up a brushed aluminum dash just to remain somewhat street legal.

also, thanks for the positive reviews guys. is anyone else that has done K swaps had any trouble with people sayin crap like yea you'll never get it done, or it'll take you months and plenty of money you dont have? anyways, it took me all of $4300 and a week and a half to get the motor in the car and running. all i have left to do is cleanup and throw in some goodies.
after what you said it motitavites me lol i can't spell lol can't wait to get mine

·
Premium Member
7,171 Posts
tony4380 said:
I have, but thats because I may never get it done, and it has already take n me months, and plenty of money I don't have...

mayeb they got us confused? :rolleyes:

·
Premium Member
575 Posts
hey tony.... Do the axles work?? i havnt started my car yet so i am not a 100 percent sure they will work but according to my research they WILL, but i havnt drove my car yet, just to clear that up.. but yea, is your car running? whats the deal?

·
Premium Member
1,437 Posts
chieF rocka said:
hey tony.... Do the axles work?? i havnt started my car yet so i am not a 100 percent sure they will work but according to my research they WILL, but i havnt drove my car yet, just to clear that up.. but yea, is your car running? whats the deal?
The guy in the post above you said he rode in it so we can assume they work :up:

·
Registered
1,476 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
well hey guys big update.... the AXLES!!!!! the car does run.... however.... i think the OEM axle combo for our cars may not be 100%. they sit in the car and it you go in a straight line 100% of the time... its fine. i came to find out after last night and tonight... the inner heads actually pop out of the transmission just enough to break the seal and leak a little fluid. they stay in and work, but they dont meet up and seal. the right side seems to be fine. its just the driver side since it meets up with the tranny. so i think that the driver side needs to be maybe about a half in longer. now, when i think about it, my buddy had problems sourcing the right size axle for his b16 swap. we need to figure out the B series driver side axle head that is about that half inch longer. anyways... right now with the stock crx si 14s with some off brand tires the car is about a low 14 second car... rsxmatt....my best bud....has an rsx-s gettin ready to turbo. so he took all his NA mods off. he ran a 14.5 about a month ago and i put about 3, maybe 4 cars on him. its just completely traction issues right now. thursday, my drag radials come in along with a new edition of the OEM driver side axle. right now... i have no clue as to what year they came off of or what car. but thursday i should know.

1 - 20 of 34 Posts