Honda / Acura K20a K24a Engine Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
739 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
what all has to be altered on my 95 cx hatch in order for my to instal my k swap once I have all the parts? The parts are trickling in the mail slowly and I need to know what all has to be done other than cutting a hole for the cables, welding up factory shift hole, and grinding off the tranny mount in the engine bay. I am currently looking for a PRC as well. I would also like to know what you guys used for the radiator hose, heater hose, and brake booster hose.

·
Registered
3,778 Posts
Seems like you pretty much got it down ...If you need to use your factory radiator you need some brackets to hold the radiator in place on the opposite side...I just used the ones from the passenger side and moved just the one furthest to the left or passenger tire welded it in place left the other one where it is at.....but thats me...people have all approached the radiator issue differently..good luck!!

·
Registered
565 Posts
If your really clever you can turn the housing on the block around so you can run the radiator on the original side and put your filter in the front bumper..
All you need to do is file a peice of the housing and turn it 120' so it points downwards and you'll be fine... You wont have any issues with the way the car runs, since I ran my car that way for about 6 months before I mounted my ITB's

·
Banned
320 Posts
non vtec said:
If your really clever you can turn the housing on the block around so you can run the radiator on the original side and put your filter in the front bumper..
All you need to do is file a peice of the housing and turn it 120' so it points downwards and you'll be fine... You wont have any issues with the way the car runs, since I ran my car that way for about 6 months before I mounted my ITB's
wow I never thought of that but I just went and looked at the motor and damn you are right!

·
Registered
414 Posts
non vtec said:
Never thought of that either...but good stuff!

If you do relocate the radiator to the driver's side,I know the upper radiator hose from the rsx will work perfect,but Ive never tried the OE Rsx lower radiator hose,as Ive always had bits and pieces of spare hose that ive trimmed to fit.For the bottom,You'll need a straight,12" hose with a 90 degree bend at the end with another few inches of hose after the bend,and trom to fit from there.
If you run the radiator at the OE placement,you'll need an extension pipe and some spare mix and match pieces of hose.The bottom hose should be able to use any 8" section of hose,trimmed to fit.
For the Heater hose and brake booster hose,you'll just want to make a trip to the auto parts store and by a few feet of heater hose and a few feet of vacuum hose and trim to fit.

·
Registered
739 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
so what do i need for the bottom radiator hose? my radiator is on the passenger side and I am pretty sure that the factory rsx top hose will work.

·
Registered
644 Posts
non vtec do you have any pics of your setup?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.