Honda / Acura K20a K24a Engine Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
254 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
is it posible to just use the rsx axles and change the outer boot to the integras? or you just gota use custom axles from hasport and places like that. i know there is no oem that will fit. and the integras are shorter.

·
Registered
565 Posts
I run stock honda axles... 1 DC2R axle and outer with the DC5R inner CV and 1 DC5R axle and inner with the DC2R outer CV.. It works with my motor mounting because I mounted the motor so I could use the Stock Honda axles... As yet I havent broken any even runnin 1.5 60fts on slicks..
But honestly I'd run the Hasport axles, BUT pay the money for the good ones maybe stage 3's-5's as I heard the cheaper ones break.. I dont know if they have fixed it or not..

·
Banned
15,811 Posts
you have other options too.

For an eg, you can use prelude shafts, gsr outers, rsx inners .

For eg you can also use profab axles.

Tha japanese integra DC5 (rsx) are longer and you can combine them with gsr outers.

There are other compinations too like the ep3 axles etc...

For an EK, there other other combinations that will work.

Let me know if this makes sense,

Nikos

·
NOR*CAL
941 Posts
TeamPacman said:
allmtrallday said:
TeamPacman said:
GET THE HASPORT AND YOU ARE DONE :wink:
which ones because i have snapped the stage 1s and 2s. running on 24in slicks. i hear stock are holding up best.
Realy..??

Hmm Try the stage 4..

Must have to much POWER :wink:
yeah bro they snapped, your buddy was at bakersfield, i talked to him, real cool guy, he watched me snap right at the line. that was with the 400hp ones. and trust me i would go with the stage 5s if i had the money. but damn 1200-1300. :shock:

but i hope it is because of power. :wink:

·
NOR*CAL
941 Posts
non vtec said:
How much power do you think your making????
Do you have traction bars, solid mounts, and whats the car weigh...
If you have to many problems try stock honda axles...
Mine have never had any issues..
yeah there are some more races early january, im going to try some oem axles. we'll have to see how it goes.

·
Registered
1,371 Posts
allmtrallday said:
non vtec said:
How much power do you think your making????
Do you have traction bars, solid mounts, and whats the car weigh...
If you have to many problems try stock honda axles...
Mine have never had any issues..
yeah there are some more races early january, im going to try some oem axles. we'll have to see how it goes.

I have OEM on my car and the CRX...They work fine....

My good buddy of mine has the Stage 2's and had no problems at all....

HMMM

·
Registered
99 Posts
dapretendr said:
is it posible to just use the rsx axles and change the outer boot to the integras? or you just gota use custom axles from hasport and places like that. i know there is no oem that will fit. and the integras are shorter.
are ProFab axles made using OEM parts???? who is running them here? any problems???

I heard the axles breaking (were made by DSS) - were breaking due to a problem with a heat treatment process....I believe this should be solved by now <--- I am NOT 100% sure - I think the experts should speak up on this one

·
NOR*CAL
941 Posts
adirondackR said:
dapretendr said:
are ProFab axles made using OEM parts???? who is running them here? any problems???

I heard the axles breaking (were made by DSS) - were breaking due to a problem with a heat treatment process....I believe this should be solved by now <--- I am NOT 100% sure - I think the experts should speak up on this one
yeah thats what hasport told me too. hopefully i wont break next time at the track. im launching at like 7500rpm, i dont know if it spins because they break, i was running 23 in slicks, and the 200hp(stage1) axles were fine, then move up to 24.5 inch slicks, with drag springs and havent got to make a pass yet. hopefully the heat treat thing is true, makes me feel sick to think i paid 650 bucks for some axles that cant handle half the power they are rated for. :?

·
Registered
227 Posts
axle

Man I hope my hasport (dss) axle last. By the way does anyone have a problem with the driverside axle? (stage 2, hasport). Mine won't go in all the way. The first axle i got didn't even want to go in but the second axle I got from hasport went in but not all the way. I have the stock dc5 axle and it went in smoooothly but not the hasport one for some reason. Anyone else have this problem?

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.