Honda / Acura K20a K24a Engine Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
127 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Whats up everyone. I'm currently building a B series 2.0 motor with killers and 52mm TWM 2000 series ITB's. Im also building a k motor for a friend. I have a couple k motors that ive torn apart to see the difference in designs and whats compatible. I have a set of rockers from a smashed a2 head and decided to see how they would fit in a b series head. I was pretty shocked to see that they fit the rail perfectly. The A2 rocker is a little longer but it does touch the top of the valve. I think if i modify the adjustment part of the rocker it will work. The b series rocker ratio is 1.56 which will give me .507 of lift. Does anyone here know the rocker ratio on a A2 head? I measured the rockers an got around 1.72 but im looking for an exact number. I was thinking of getting a set of custom cams with a profile simalar to k series.
Just thought it was pretty cool and you guys might like it.

·
Banned
15,815 Posts
That is pretty cool. I don't know the number.

A while back, I met this guy from greece that had this theory how to make B series VTEC heads into I-VTEC. Although at first it sounded like a joke I read his stuff and was impressed.

Take some time to read these links

http://www.pattakon.com/vvar/HelpRoll.htm

http://www.pattakon.com/vvar/VTECtoVVA/index.html

Let me know what you think.

Nikos

Basically the cam profile seems to be controlled by a movable wall that dictates where a roller will be able to move, which is all controlled by the throttle itself, actuating a roller to alter the lift and overlap of the cam.It allows you to have only one cam lobe that hits a roller, which in turn hits the rocker arms. The position of the roller, however, determines how much the the cam lobes gross lift and duration would actually be seen as valve movement. In essence, infinantly variable VTEC.

·
Banned
320 Posts
Good stuff scott - this display of ingenuity makes me feel even more certain about a decision I had already made - my car will be coming to your shop for engine work in the future.

·
Registered
127 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
nikos said:
Let me know what you think.

Nikos
Man after seeing that i can stop thinking. I 'll be laying in bed staring at the ceiling thinking about how sick that would be. Never be tied down to a cam shaft for lift and duration ever again, or throttle bodys. Ive heard about it for a while but seeing how it works gives me a better perspective.

thanks again for those links

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.