Honda / Acura K20a K24a Engine Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Premium Member
626 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok, everything is ready to go. We turn the key to the ON position and the lights and shit come on. The k-pro ecu is online but the ignition is off. We try to crank the engine over but nothing happens...nothing. Well the fan kicks on, but briefly. But now we can't get the key out.lol I've read somewhere about how we need to leave one or two of the original switches in for the auto shifter that locked the car in PARK so the key can be removed from the column. All of that shit is still connected. I am thinking I either need a manual cabin wiring harness or the original ecu. In a nutshell: the car won't start, key won't come out, and K-pro isn't recognizing the ignition as being ON. If anyone has any ideas, I would greatly appreciate it.

Mark

·
Registered
414 Posts
There is a thick black/wht wire in a plug,in front of the original auto shifter mechanism.This wire needs to be run into the other black/wht wire on the same plug.This wire is for the starter signal.

·
Registered
501 Posts
fearless_dsm said:
There is a thick black/wht wire in a plug,in front of the original auto shifter mechanism.This wire needs to be run into the other black/wht wire on the same plug.This wire is for the starter signal.
I assume same goes for an ek then?

·
Premium Member
626 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
The car still won't start guys :( On the shifter mechanism, we connected the thick blk/wht and blk/red wires. This should allow the car to start. Everything turns on, but whenever you turn the key, nothing happens. Sounds like there is a clicking coming from the the fuse box. Could I have wired something wrong for the swap? Maybe I need a manual eg cabin harness? If anybody has any ideas or suggestions, please let me know. Thanks

Mark

·
Registered
109 Posts
when u turn the key to the on position, try and listen for the fuel pump prime.......if the pump comes on to prime for about 5 seconds then shuts down, then your problem is not with the pump....its probably the nuetral saftey switch....i'll try and get a diagram for you ...i use to have the same problems back in the day when i use to do tranny conversions....

·
Registered
414 Posts
Try running the starter power wire straight from under dash to the c101 plug...thick blk/wht wire.

I know this is going to sound a little rigged,but you can also try turning the key to the "on" position,and jump a thicker gauge wire from the power terminal at the starter to the signal terminal at the starter.This will "jump start" the starter and will tell you wether or not you have wiring issues still.

·
Registered
739 Posts
I have the hybrid harness and my main relay went out about 2 weeks after I had the swap running around. Though the relay was full of whater some how and I changed it and it was all gravy from there.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.