Honda / Acura K20a K24a Engine Forum banner
1 - 20 of 55 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i just signed up and searched and came back w/pages and pages and cant find one, anyone have a flow chart of a k20a motor ? bone stock motor, or if you have one w/work done just list what was done, thanks.
 

·
Banned
Joined
·
320 Posts
I have a whole bunch... k20a2 head, k20a head, ported k20a2 head. they're at the shop though i'll try to get a couple and scan them.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
actually on a related topic does anyone have a dyno sheet resembling anything close to this setup:


port and polished head
crower cams stage 2 ? or whatever gives most power but still streetable
flat valves (dont know if they are made for this motor yet)
k24 block
hondata
compression at 12 or 11.5:1

will it make better than 270whp ?

i dont know exactly what is made for this motor yet or what most of you have done but im looking to put it in a teg, want to see some numbers so i can get an estimate if its worth it to go NA
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
748 Posts
Spoolin Spyder said:
actually on a related topic does anyone have a dyno sheet resembling anything close to this setup:


port and polished head
crower cams stage 2 ? or whatever gives most power but still streetable
flat valves (dont know if they are made for this motor yet)
k24 block
hondata
compression at 12 or 11.5:1

will it make better than 270whp ?

i dont know exactly what is made for this motor yet or what most of you have done but im looking to put it in a teg, want to see some numbers so i can get an estimate if its worth it to go NA
not 270whp SAE, but possibly 250 SAE... the most important parts are not listed. the longblock can only product what you allow it to breath through.
Header combo and intake choices make huge differences.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
well i figured that was a given and variables like that will change from mostly person to person, so im looking for the best results


thanks again for the flow charts
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
100 Posts
Im just curious, but who does the best port/polish work out there? Ive read about all these people making alot of power from port/polish work...just wondering who does the best work out there?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
im from ny, i have heard alot of guys around here send their heads to places in cali, i use a shop i trust and uses a flow bench that is pretty local for me, they do all paisleys supra motors so they know toyota's very well which is what ive had them work on, i dont know where your asking about ?


it surprises me the setup i posted wont make more than 270 w/just that stuff, would the s2k crank help the rpm's that much or is the 2.4's stock crank already ok to rev enough to keep up w/the cams capabilities ? ive seen what the stock type s motor can do w/bolt ons and hondata so i figured upping the compression, cams, valves, and a bigger bore would kill the stock numbers
 

·
Banned
Joined
·
320 Posts
non vtec said:
So how much power can be made by porting a Stock K20A-R head? I'm on a quest for power at te moment, before I do a full rebuild..
If you are running a reasonably sane compression ratio, and fairly mild cams (TODAs or smaller), there is not much power to get from porting the head. At least this was my personal experience.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
the setup im looking to get will be a "daily driver/second car" if i go thru w/it, its a high goal but im looking to make around 290 on pump, i wont get all the parts ready till i know it will be worthwhile and realistic, it would still be worthwhile to make 270, but im gonna wait and see which cams make the most power etc...
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
593 Posts
non vtec said:
So how much power can be made by porting a Stock K20A-R head? I'm on a quest for power at te moment, before I do a full rebuild..
MAX_CFM has seen +17hp as a result from the head I sent him late `03.

-Ron
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
593 Posts
909edge said:
non vtec said:
So how much power can be made by porting a Stock K20A-R head? I'm on a quest for power at te moment, before I do a full rebuild..
If you are running a reasonably sane compression ratio, and fairly mild cams (TODAs or smaller), there is not much power to get from porting the head. At least this was my personal experience.
I concur.

-Ron
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
186 Posts
edo said:
non vtec said:
So how much power can be made by porting a Stock K20A-R head? I'm on a quest for power at te moment, before I do a full rebuild..
MAX_CFM has seen +17hp as a result from the head I sent him late `03.

-Ron
can i get some pics of it?? and is that with your k-ips cams??
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
99 Posts
edo said:
No this is what Brad told me himself. He didn't give any specifics other than that it was on one of the race motors.

-Ron
Brad Z is the man!!!!! 8) especially when it comes to port & polish jobs :wink: I hope to have some work done by him (maybe next year)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
363 Posts
Be realistic come on you will not have 270 whp..

Spoolin Spyder said:
im from ny, i have heard alot of guys around here send their heads to places in cali, i use a shop i trust and uses a flow bench that is pretty local for me, they do all paisleys supra motors so they know toyota's very well which is what ive had them work on, i dont know where your asking about ?


it surprises me the setup i posted wont make more than 270 w/just that stuff, would the s2k crank help the rpm's that much or is the 2.4's stock crank already ok to rev enough to keep up w/the cams capabilities ? ive seen what the stock type s motor can do w/bolt ons and hondata so i figured upping the compression, cams, valves, and a bigger bore would kill the stock numbers
You will not have never 250 or 270 whp with just changing pistons,valves , porting etc lollll come on make a sense man, i have a b18c5 turbo 11:3.1 compression ok my timing is retarted but whatever i have 215 whp soo i dont think soo with a k20 you gonna have 270 whp
 
1 - 20 of 55 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Top