Honda / Acura K20a K24a Engine Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Who makes 65+ TB's for k-series? I really don't wanna chuck down $500-$600 for a spoon 70mm and I don't perfer getting my stock k20R tb bored out. Are there any manufactures who make them billet like many offered for B-series?

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
asldjfa

I have a k20aR therefore I have already the DC5R IM. I really don't see why not an overbore TB would produce any horsepower or torque gains for a k20a. If it didn't, wouldn't companies NOT produce them at all?

Quoted on one of hondata's webpages.

"We have seen combinations (short ram cold air 50 cm straight velocity stacks on a K20A engine mounted in a Lotus.) where the bored throttle body makes a difference. "

That k20a that they dyno'd I'm pretty sure it was in near stock trim with an exception of a CAI,TB,& reflash. I'm sure there would be even better results with an overbore TB with a mild to wild tuned k20a with some cams, headers, and intake.

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
sadfas

Thanks for both of you guys feedback. It should help me weigh in on whether or not I should pick one up now. I've built mild to wild B-series motors and I've had good success in running overbore tb's on stock to aftermarket plenums. Considering they were port matched and all. Just thought the concept would be transferred to k-series. Might look into IM porting and opt for a overbore tb but looks like I'm might just gonna pass and use the 300-500 bucks in a nice cam setup. Thanks again.

~Ron

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.