Honda / Acura K20a K24a Engine Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
537 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My tuner is an Aem Ems guy and now hes diving into the world of K-Pro tuning. Right now he is trying to figure out the beast so I thought someone on here might have some good maps to share.

Its a basic k24/20 swap, I,H,E, 12.1 and some head work.

SO far its either gurgling in its own fuel (whp 201...pretty low :down: ) or its detonating (165 tq...getting there :up: ). Hes had the cam advance up to 15 degrees but hes going to try 20 next.

BTW the extra fuel was caused from to much pressure at the regulator.

ANY HELP FELLOWS?

·
Registered
537 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Still cant find any for the k24/20 swap. I could sure use some help guys!

I imagine that some guys want to keep the maps to themselves and thats cool but with the season coming up It would be really really useful to me. :)

Thanks! Dan.

·
Registered
335 Posts
Dan, I might have something that could work. Why so low on the cam angle?
I just spent about 3 hours yesterday at Dynopro tuning a K20A2 with cams and boltons. It got to 210hp/161tq with K-Pro.

·
Registered
537 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
HONDA GHANDI said:
Dan, I might have something that could work. Why so low on the cam angle?
I just spent about 3 hours yesterday at Dynopro tuning a K20A2 with cams and boltons. It got to 210hp/161tq with K-Pro.
Oh man that would be great. :) Yeah I talked with my engine guy yesterday and he got the fuel prob worked out...and hes gonna try and finish tuning it today, but hes starting the cams at 15 degrees then going down from there. Seems like you would start at 10 and go up from there.

·
Registered
537 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Well some new numbers. 211 whp 165 tq. There gonna try again on Wednesday...Probably not worth it because Im gonna slap some cams in there pretty soon, but at least it will be another dyno sheet of info for others.

Lol yeah whats really a tragedy here is I originally went to these guys cause there great with the aem units but last minute we decided to go Kpro (due to the availibility of ems units) and now theres just alot of headscratching going on. :confused:

·
Registered
4 Posts
the Kpro should have come with plenty of base calibrations for you to work off of...

have your tuner watch the tuning vids on hondata's site, they explain clearly how to tune the cam angle maps, etc...

·
Registered
203 Posts
They do seem real low. Your cam advance should be way more than that. Is the 15 at WOT in open loop? I believe they have a base map for the k24 now. Check hondata's website for updates. What are your numbers now? It's been a while and I just got back on the board.

·
Registered
537 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
...Well we did get some new numbers in a couple days ago.

206 whp and 181 tq. Brent (the tuner) is pretty sure theres 10 more whp hiding in there. Car is still pinging a bit so the extra fuel should help with that...I would think. lol

As for the specifics, and Im sure Im gonna sound like an idiot but I really dont know the specifics. Im 4 hours from the shop and theyve just kinda been plugging away at this for awhile now.

Im more of a diy type of guy but dont have the means (or the ability probably) to take on this swap. It sucks waiting for someone to do my work for me....well kinda lol.

My car is at the paint and body shop until Wednesday, after that Im going to drive up there while they do the last of the dynoing so I should know more then.

For now I guess Ill visit the Hondata site! Thanks. :up:

·
Registered
12 Posts
drhonda said:
search club rsx, I think they have a whole post designated to different maps.

Do you know what section of the forums it's in? Possibly a link?
I'm looking for some sort of base map to work from too for my Toda cammed K20A Type R motor.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts