Honda / Acura K20a K24a Engine Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i got my car tuned today and they didnt give me a copy of the map, is there a way i can plug into kpro and download the map off the ecu onto my laptop?

·
Super Moderator
26,613 Posts
Re: kpro help

i dont think thats what he was asking......
It pretty much is... The tune that he has on the car now is the Tune that he wants to save on the laptop.... Just bring your laptop to the ECU hook it up, and when you go to Save as, you can rename it whatever you want but it will the tune you just got that will be saved to your laptop..

·
Registered
3,119 Posts
plug in your laptop and open kpro editor.

go to "online" then "tools" then "download"

Its not recomended to upload that map into the ecu, but if you just want to look at it, then it will be just fine.

Stefan

·
Registered
22 Posts
Re: kpro help

It pretty much is... The tune that he has on the car now is the Tune that he wants to save on the laptop.... Just bring your laptop to the ECU hook it up, and when you go to Save as, you can rename it whatever you want but it will the tune you just got that will be saved to your laptop..
not that i know of unless he used his laptop to tune, and left k-pro open with his cal. loaded.

·
Registered
1,175 Posts
if you want to get your map from the ecu cause you dont have copy of it. the only way to do this is like onefstek has stated.

·
Registered
1,485 Posts
question...why is it not recommended?

·
Registered
3,119 Posts
question...why is it not recommended?
Some of the parameters will not download correct. And then when you try to upload, your car wont' start or run really shitty.

Hondata recomends that you don't use the map untill you go through the whole thing and check it.

I done it to see what happens and the car wont' start. Even with some kal's that hondata provides the car won't start most of the times.

·
Registered
1,175 Posts
its more an MIGHT BE thing onefst more so it WILL be corrupt. ive personally done it in my own car after my laptop crashed and i had no copy of my map. downloaded it , checked through it for obvious corrupt data. obviously you dont have every value in your map memorized so , lol. but i downloaded it and made a couple changes not long after , uploaded it , not a probem at all. but as onefstek has said , it isnt recommended by hondata for the reason that some data can be lost in the download.

think of it like a one way road , and by downloading , your going the wong way , lol.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts