Honda / Acura K20a K24a Engine Forum banner

61 - 80 of 97 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,454 Posts
im sure there are a few people that met him in person to buy one, and may have gotten a license plate number or something, i know anyone I meet in person i get their license plate number and make/model of what they are driving just in case

·
Registered
31 Posts
I don't know I never messed with my program since it was tuned or do i have k manager on my comp I don't understand it so theres no point for me to have it

·
Registered
15,818 Posts
Hondata opened a whole new market when they first were able to dynamic reflash on the fly the kseries ecu.

I think it is best if we close this thread for now and make it a sticky. There is enough information here for people to know if they have an original or not. Reading conspiracy theories that hondata did this to make money is just nuts.

·
Registered
474 Posts
Well, its february. I don't know whats going on with the Hondata v. Marc Heera lawsuit. Supposedly by now he was to have this all sorted out, or so he told me when he called me from a blocked number after I put him on blast at the dawn of the counterfeit discovery.

He had told me those who paid Hondata to fix their ECU's would be reibursed by him for their costs to Hondata and he would be contacting everyone he had scammed (which he told me was upwards of "hundreds"). Apparently he wasn't supposed to contact anyone, but he did contact me for fear I was going to hunt him down. Kinda wishing I had now...

Once a scammer always a scammer. Hopefully he'll read this so he can call me again to actually make this right. If not - I will blow up more of his friends on Facebook until he does (like I had to do last time). Hint - Find his cousin with the same last name... she's a direct link to him.

Good luck to those who got one. I haven't sent mine in yet (been using all money I have extra to get the car boosted). Feels great knowing I've got to drop another $750 before race season to get my fucking ECU fixed. If I saw him right now, I'd honestly lay his Puerto Rican ass out. I hope he did get deported and is never allowed back in this fucking country.

·
Registered
2 Posts
i have a fake one that works just fine. i paid $400 vice paying $1200. made 520 on 19lbs of boost and havent had any problems. from what i hear, just dont plug it up with the new kmanager software. hondata did something to fuckem up.

·
Premium Member
1,454 Posts
i have a fake one that works just fine. i paid $400 vice paying $1200. made 520 on 19lbs of boost and havent had any problems. from what i hear, just dont plug it up with the new kmanager software. hondata did something to fuckem up.
READ THIS:

The counterfeits show some or all the following behaviors:

Failure to upload or datalog.
Speed sensor problems.
Random rev limits.
Failure to start

ESPECIALLY THIS:
Corruption of ECU table data.
We strongly recommend that a vehicle is not driven on a counterfeit K-Pro due to risk of engine damage.

My friend and I purchased 2 Counterfeit ECU's off this guy, luckily i never ran my ecu in my car since it was being built. But he did, and in the process blew up his supercharged motor, then his turbo motor and couldnt figure out why until we figured out the K-Pro issue and it is very possible that was the cause. No It didnt blow up right away, but give it time. Its up to you, its your $ and your car

·
Super Moderator
26,616 Posts
READ THIS:

The counterfeits show some or all the following behaviors:

Failure to upload or datalog.
Speed sensor problems.
Random rev limits.
Failure to start

ESPECIALLY THIS:
Corruption of ECU table data.
We strongly recommend that a vehicle is not driven on a counterfeit K-Pro due to risk of engine damage.

My friend and I purchased 2 Counterfeit ECU's off this guy, luckily i never ran my ecu in my car since it was being built. But he did, and in the process blew up his supercharged motor, then his turbo motor and couldnt figure out why until we figured out the K-Pro issue and it is very possible that was the cause. No It didnt blow up right away, but give it time. Its up to you, its your $ and your car
lol.. If you're going to believe this, then I don't know what to tell you. Would you not expect Hondata to make a thread blasting/bashing the counterfeits and saying they have potential defects?

Apparently people have been using them since around 09 sometime. Now think about it... If all of the above problems were happening with them, there would have been threads here, CRSX, or on the Hondata forum about these issues since 2 years ago no one ever knew they had a "counterfeit" ECU. If you think they exist, please search and post links.

I got burned on two of them myself.. One was purchased for another member and the other I have... I have 0 of the above stated issues... I won't sell it, but im not getting rid of it. I'm neither promoting nor supporting the counterfeits, but use your head. People would have been crying 2 years ago about random rev limits, failure to upload, corrupt table data, blah blah blah.... etc.... People have gone down the track countless times, running 9's with these now "faulty" ECU's....

:hmmm:

·
Premium Member
1,454 Posts
lol.. If you're going to believe this, then I don't know what to tell you. Would you not expect Hondata to make a thread blasting/bashing the counterfeits and saying they have potential defects?

Apparently people have been using them since around 09 sometime. Now think about it... If all of the above problems were happening with them, there would have been threads here, CRSX, or on the Hondata forum about these issues since 2 years ago no one ever knew they had a "counterfeit" ECU. If you think they exist, please search and post links.

I got burned on two of them myself.. One was purchased for another member and the other I have... I have 0 of the above stated issues... I won't sell it, but im not getting rid of it. I'm neither promoting nor supporting the counterfeits, but use your head. People would have been crying 2 years ago about random rev limits, failure to upload, corrupt table data, blah blah blah.... etc.... People have gone down the track countless times, running 9's with these now "faulty" ECU's....

:hmmm:
I don't need to be told anything, yes I think its possible, and yes I completely know why hondata is bashing them. In MY OPINION, I wouldn't risk using one plain and simple.

·
Registered
22 Posts
I have one that I bought off SNS Performance. On honda tech. I talked to him he told me that it worked in his car.

I filed with paypal. I am not sure if they are going to do anything or not...I am going to fly to miami very soon and show up if they do not do anything.

-Joe

·
Registered
474 Posts
The random rev limiter thing completely ruined 2 days at the track for me. If I go to change anything in mine, it sets a rev limit of 5500 rpm. In order to fix it, I have to uninstall Kmanager and reinstall it. I haven't even used it since finding out it was a counterfeit - I found out a week after my last day of the season here.

I'm half tempted to go AEM V2... this should have been a non-issue IMO. I know Hondata is giving discounts on getting it fixed proper, but had it been protected in the first place...

And to the dude who bought the fake knowingly - you are aware that carries up to a $2,000,000 fine and jail time (same as selling it), correct?

I'm stuck with mine - either send it in and be $1600 into a goddamn K-pro or just keep it as a paperweight and use that $750 toward a different system.... The last thing I will do is sell it. I've got over $4K into my engine alone. I'm not going to risk it on a K-pro that Marc Heera knocked off. He told me himself, over the phone that he sold countless amounts of these things... and that some work flawlessly and some have issues.

Florida does sound like a good spot to burn a few days of my 3 weeks of vacation I have accrued.

·
Registered
291 Posts
I agree with this. I'm planning on continuing to use mine since Hondata refuses to work with me. I tried to get my fake PNF ecu re-chipped on a PRB ecu (which I WOULD HAVE PAID THEM $750 TO DO & supplied both ecu's) but since they won't bend even the slightest bit I'm NOT going to support this company.

:moon:

The shitty part is that now I won't be able to re-coop my $900 when I'm done using this. But I will NOT pay another dime to Hondata ever again. Poor customer service for an issue that should never have happened in the first place.

·
Registered
84 Posts
I bought a kpro off this faggot back in 2010 and just lost sale bc I didn't know it was fake and car doesn't start now. If I catch this bitch he's fucked!!!
Same here. The fucker I bought mine from better run. I had rev limiter problems last year when I went to the dyno. I drove 200+ miles to get to the dyno just to find out that he could only tune it to 5500 RPM's.

·
Registered
84 Posts
so i checked my paypal history and i think i found the account of the fucker who sold me the counterfeit hondata. from my history post i think his user name on this forum is (Maddman7887), paypal is (Marc Heera). dont buy any ecu's from this dickhead. you better hope i dont find you.
:shoot::shoot:

·
Premium Member
5,074 Posts

·
FUCK IT
9,474 Posts
so i checked my paypal history and i think i found the account of the fucker who sold me the counterfeit hondata. from my history post i think his user name on this forum is (Maddman7887), paypal is (Marc Heera). dont buy any ecu's from this dickhead. you better hope i dont find you.
:shoot::shoot:
This guy was trying to sell me a Kpro that was missing parts a while back. Glad I didn't buy it :wow:

·
Registered
84 Posts
yea, hes the one eveyone was talking about in the begining of the thread. if you look at his thread history, he only sold kpros and wasnt on here too long. im 99% sure everyone has narrowed it down to him http://www.k20a.org/forum/search.php?searchid=3723872

f/s thread http://www.k20a.org/forum/showthread.php?t=79334&highlight=kpro

googled his name http://www.myspace.com/maddman7887/photos gave a city for a business Plantation, Florida US
my bad i just skimmed the pages. heres some more info.

http://www.alibaba.com/member/maddman7887/contactinfo.html

·
Registered
4,294,967,294 Posts
yea, hes the one eveyone was talking about in the begining of the thread. if you look at his thread history, he only sold kpros and wasnt on here too long. im 99% sure everyone has narrowed it down to him http://www.k20a.org/forum/search.php?searchid=3723872

f/s thread http://www.k20a.org/forum/showthread.php?t=79334&highlight=kpro

googled his name http://www.myspace.com/maddman7887/photos gave a city for a business Plantation, Florida US
This was all brought up in the chat thread when this info broke.

61 - 80 of 97 Posts