Honda / Acura K20a K24a Engine Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,353 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Okay so i was curious about something... We can swap cams out between other k-series motors to come up with our own FI cam set.. Ie: Type R intak, TSX exh... But i was wondering... can you swap a k-cam with an s2000 cam?

·
Banned
700 Posts
Okay so i was curious about something... We can swap cams out between other k-series motors to come up with our own FI cam set.. Ie: Type R intak, TSX exh... But i was wondering... can you swap a k-cam with an s2000 cam?
no

·
Registered
1,353 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
So it is a different lobe design or what??... reason im asking is cause im trying to find a cheaper solution for my friend who blew his motor.. hes building a motor but doesnt have a lot of money.. Hes doing the bottom end for sure, just was trying to find out if there were other cams that are able to swap out with for valve duration and lift..Note his car is turboed...

·
Banned
700 Posts
they are very different the cam gears will not fit and the signal plate is not the same it will never fit, to be honest were did the f20c and k20a motors having interchangible parts the only parts that will go for both are stupid shit like springs. and the rockers are both roller but the size are very different

·
Registered
457 Posts
How much was he wanting to spend on cam? I have a set of Crower Stage 2 FI cams that I just pulled from my motor to install stage 3 cams. PM me an offer. 10Kmiles on them, they look perfect, no oil starvation or anything ever.

·
Registered
1,278 Posts
The centerlines are different on the 2 models.

Not to mention that there really arent that man good profiles for the s2k right now that would even be worth it.

·
Registered
3,316 Posts
they are very different the cam gears will not fit and the signal plate is not the same it will never fit, to be honest were did the f20c and k20a motors having interchangible parts the only parts that will go for both are stupid shit like springs. and the rockers are both roller but the size are very different
You're right, but then again you're very wrong. Obviously you haven't looked at many k-series builds. The pistons will work, the oil pump works, and the crank works. All with modification, but they will work. Also the reason you can't use s2k cams in a k-series is more than just the cam gears being gear driven versus chain driven, it because they spin in the opposite direction too and the valve timing doesn't match. Valve timing is different from low speed to high speed lobes, so you can't use them backwards.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.