Honda / Acura K20a K24a Engine Forum banner

561 - 570 of 570 Posts

·
Arouse the DAMPFHAMMER!
7,621 Posts
It’s been a busy life as a new dad, I haven’t touched the car in a couple weeks other than a short drive. Between work 6 days a week and trying to give my wife some reprieve while I’m home there hasn’t been much time for updates. I hope you and your family are doing well !
Good to read you found a rhythm for all day live. After the first six months the black render of the eyes decreases back to normal because you find more time to recover yourself 😉. Enjoy that time.

I will have progress soon !
(y)

·
Registered
1 Posts
No advertising here of non-related content
I hope you can source a K24 block to make your Frankenstein route complete. Do you keep it on bolts on level or are you planing to forge and increase CR? I would be happy to get some information's and discussions on that if you like. *

·
Registered
97 civic HX K24a
1,264 Posts
Discussion Starter · #563 ·
I hope you can source a K24 block to make your Frankenstein route complete. Do you keep it on bolts on level or are you planing to forge and increase CR? I would be happy to get some information's and discussions on that if you like. Edit by Moderator
I actually have a bare k24 block on the stand currently, waiting for some funds to free up so I can source a crank and then I will likely use oem tsx rods with higher CR pistons.

·
Registered
97 civic HX K24a
1,264 Posts
Discussion Starter · #565 ·
@KBuilt, did you find time to work on the your 4wheeled lady? How is it going?
84C75D5A-F41B-499E-9A9F-3F366957C120.jpeg

hey markus hope all is well! I actually found an hour to get in the garage and do an oil change/ clean up the underside of the car a bit and checked all my bolts to make sure none backed off. No big news, still waiting to make a trip for alignment and then hopefully we will get to the 1/4 mile this summer 👍

·
Arouse the DAMPFHAMMER!
7,621 Posts
hey markus hope all is well! I actually found an hour to get in the garage and do an oil change/ clean up the underside of the car a bit and checked all my bolts to make sure none backed off. No big news, still waiting to make a trip for alignment and then hopefully we will get to the 1/4 mile this summer 👍
Hello KBuilt, thanks for asking. We are fine. Stuttgart is still one of the 10 towns with the highest number of SARS-COV-2 infections per 100,000 citizens. We still have a look down, we still do home schooling, we still wear masks all day long when going to the grocery or working in the office/surgery, we still have no shops or anything with people open and since April 2021 again an exit lock. This mode we run since November 2020. Some areas of Germany will now open and end lockdown, Stuttgart actually not (infection rate = 165 per 100,000, trend is decreasing).

Anyway, I've made some progress, new job (hydrogen fuel cell development), first flow bench measurement with our own developed flow bench, engine dyno bench is almost ready to put the DAMPFHAMMER on it, developed the 1200 hp valve seat cutters, which does awesome seats. Things are progressing in a good way. How is your family doing?

·
Premium Member
448 Posts
View attachment 104334
hey markus hope all is well! I actually found an hour to get in the garage and do an oil change/ clean up the underside of the car a bit and checked all my bolts to make sure none backed off. No big news, still waiting to make a trip for alignment and then hopefully we will get to the 1/4 mile this summer
What Intake manifold and throttle body is that?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
448 Posts
I like how much space it gives him with that intake, my skunk2 is massive lol And it really looks good in his bay.

·
Arouse the DAMPFHAMMER!
7,621 Posts
I like how much space it gives him with that intake, my skunk2 is massive lol And it really looks good in his bay.
Yeah, some of the S2, e.g. the Ultra series, IM having a huge plenum and need some more space then the OEM stuff like the RBC. For a raced turbo engine a bigger plenum has some advantages, especially with an center feed inlet. The power difference can be up to 40 hp or even more, depending on boost level and exhaust manifold design. I've developed a NA IM, among other stuff, the system makes already 180 [email protected] rpm, that's a level SC'd 2 Liter K-series reach at 7 psi at same engine speed. IM design has much to do with power of the engine. A turbo needs a complete other design as the main driver of VE is impulse of air not any longer sonic speed wave oscillation. The S2 adopts that better then the RBC, which has a 3rd harmonic pressure wave design.

561 - 570 of 570 Posts