Honda / Acura K20a K24a Engine Forum banner

541 - 560 of 561 Posts

Β·
Registered
97 civic HX K24a
1,258 Posts
Discussion Starter #541
Please be aware, the fuel system control of the Hondata KPro isn't accurate enough to change the fuel injector size in hardware and software without any changes of the outcome. Injector dead times would have to be on spot for both, which is most likely not the case. The lower the load and the higher the engine speed, the greater the uncertainty. Closed loop can compensate this, but better safe then sorry and check it out.
Yes I have the dead times for the 6.0 injectors and I was going to have it retuned right after changing those and the fuel pump out.(possibly will swap my z1 intake cam in with the 40* gear) Thankyou for all the advice πŸ‘

Β·
Arouse the DAMPFHAMMER!
7,530 Posts
...got a little pull in yesterday taking a buddy for a drive, we caught up to the cars ahead too quickly to keep going πŸ˜…πŸ™„
Nice KBuilt. Down low it seems missing some power. I miss the crispy sound. Was ignition timing lower than 24Β° in full throttle in that log?

Β·
Registered
97 civic HX K24a
1,258 Posts
Discussion Starter #545
Nice KBuilt. Down low it seems missing some power. I miss the crispy sound. Was ignition timing lower than 24Β° in full throttle in that log?
I’m not sure, I would have to record and go driving again. It definitely doesn’t feel like it’s lacking down low. Even in 6th @2,000 rpm I have quite a bit of useable power. Lower vtec boundary is 3900. I’m sure a dyno would tell the story.

Β·
Registered
97 civic HX K24a
1,258 Posts
Discussion Starter #546
My little girl arrived safe and sound March 9 and I couldn’t be happier ! I have my son on the trickle charger waiting for his day to go hit the streets again while I spend time with our new baby 😎 I will be around the forums still, but this build thread will be at a slowdown temporarily. Next steps are still more power (always) , alignment , dyno (eventually) and to enjoy the damn thing on nice days βœ…
9FEB9206-B14E-460B-B6D2-75040BDE637C.jpeg

Β·
Arouse the DAMPFHAMMER!
7,530 Posts
My little girl arrived safe and sound March 9 and I couldn’t be happier !
Congratulations you guys. I wish you guys healthy and good days πŸ†™. Amazing!

Β·
Registered
97 civic HX K24a
1,258 Posts
Discussion Starter #548
Congratulations you guys. I wish you guys healthy and good days πŸ†™. Amazing!
Thankyou my friend , it’s been a very fun couple days with her so far. I did get to take the car out for a short bit today as well , my wife is very cool lol πŸ˜‚πŸ˜Ž

Β·
Arouse the DAMPFHAMMER!
7,530 Posts
Thankyou my friend , it’s been a very fun couple days with her so far. I did get to take the car out for a short bit today as well , my wife is very cool lol
Wow, very cool. You too that ride to catch up some flowers for her..., sure, didn't you?

Β·
Arouse the DAMPFHAMMER!
7,530 Posts
Her middle name is rose , so maybe I should have πŸ˜….
Definitely, she will see it was not her disadvantage let her alone with the kid and you to drive around πŸ˜‰.

Β·
Arouse the DAMPFHAMMER!
7,530 Posts
I’m not sure, I would have to record and go driving again. It definitely doesn’t feel like it’s lacking down low. Even in 6th @2,000 rpm I have quite a bit of useable power. Lower vtec boundary is 3900. I’m sure a dyno would tell the story.
Would be interesting to see a calibration and log file of WOT.

Β·
Registered
97 civic HX K24a
1,258 Posts
Discussion Starter #554
@LotusElise well I think you were right, my laptop was dead so I wasn’t able to get anything but a cell phone recording or my data feed but I believe I found the problem. My first drive after being home from the hospital I noticed the car cutting out when going into vtec and the AFR were quite lean. After switching new spark plugs in it was still doing the same thing so I figured the fuel pump would be the next step and sure enough it was. With the new 340lph pump in the car it feels stronger than ever and I don’t have any break up or lean misfiring anymore. The old pump was the original one for the 1.5 eco motor the HX comes with πŸ˜… not quite enough for the 2.4

Much more power in the lower and midrange. The AFR need adjusted slightly it is running a bit richer now even after lowering fuel pressure to ~47psi. I will still be installing the Chevy 6.0 injectors which my buddy gotflow matched to 600cc πŸ‘

Β·
Arouse the DAMPFHAMMER!
7,530 Posts
@LotusElise well I think you were right, my laptop was dead so I wasn’t able to get anything but a cell phone recording or my data feed but I believe I found the problem. My first drive after being home from the hospital I noticed the car cutting out when going into vtec and the AFR were quite lean.
You are welcome 😎. Would be great to see some data (cal, log) to see what else...

Β·
Arouse the DAMPFHAMMER!
7,530 Posts
πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚ kinder!
Juup, seems these little human beings work different then any engineering design πŸ˜‚.

Mine opened the door to puberty the last half year. If you ask her for something unpredictable emotions can happen πŸ€ͺ. I was similar when I lived through this, but my basic mind setup was different. But why? We had a farm, were we had duties from the age of 6 years from 6 am in the morning till 8 to 9 pm in the evening when there was no school, when there was school we had to do our duties in the afternoon and evening beside homework. My parents didn't care about my school performance (I made no homework for years, don't tell this my daughter), they cared about if I had done my farm work, yeah they did, woe if not...puuuh.

That was a not easy childhood, but it forced me to find solutions for more work efficiency. I've optimized all my processes to increase my own time to play in the woods, at the brooks, in the barn, sand pit or with the other guys of the village. We built a huge tree house in around 4 m height in a tree which reached with his branches over the barn under it at the age of 11-14 years. My parents didn't support this. We were self-employed whenever we could. These puberty emotions were also there, but I have the feeling my self- and task time optimization made me more an acting and creative guy then as an emotion suffering victim. At the age of 9 years I got rid of mum buying biscuits at the baker, while I had to wear clothes from my cousin and we had a professional 800 Euro dough machine. From that point on I did the Sunday biscuit till the age of around 15 years. I've changed thing I didn't like. Mine says to such things like backing "boring", for me it was creative working, testing different ingredients and effects. E.g. I found out myself bubbling water makes the pancake more fluffy, I didn't need a internet to get this tip. This is a closed loop learning process, nothing is faster then this type of learning.

Seems we did something wrong, when I look around, these starter teeny's have less for their own in life while they have much more stuff then we had. Their passion and creativity seems to got cut caused by the life style we have reached. Too much of everything in material stuff. While we played day-long with one play tool and created stories about stories with it, they just switch from one to another and have tenth of it. Creativity got cut, their demand for self-employment and self-creating as a individual suffers. Rising children in a town is even more difficult because of the competition among the children. While all other girls have already a smart phone (at the age of 12-13 😲), ours have a simple mobile phone. This mobile internet box is one of the biggest creativity cutters and time shorters of all time. Most of it is plug and play offered: entertainment and communication. Only a few use it to inspire themselves for more own creativity. Yes, we made this wrong!

Rising children today is challenging, as if you would copy your own childhood in these times you would fail, these rules would work only if you would cage them. My parents rules nudges already when we went to school and told others why we have no time to play with them, why we were wearing old cloths, why we had no Commodore C64 computer to play games. Felt sometimes like an outsider, like my brothers and I were already like form another star sometimes. This has an de-grouping effect and cut some social contacts. But competition outside did highly develop during that time. My daughter got e.g. taught from their friends brands are important to have, a no-brand clothing or shoe is fake. What a sky screaming bull shit, cost me 10 minutes to calm her feelings and to explain her what the meaning of fake really is and to convince her, her shoes, which have no branding outside, but inside, are alright.

Yeah Kinder πŸ˜‚!. Rising my daughter is my biggest challenge, finding the best balance of caring/ruleing and giving room for self-development. This is a daily parameter changing closed loop learning process. Like the PID controller setup of my daughter can't follow the her daily growing and changing system. What was good yesterday does not apply today. In case of mathematical systems, like AI systems, you give them wider rules = more freedome and more intense optimization to find a optimum more fast. But if I give her more responsibility and freedom she don't fill it up because her optimization aim is having a fun time = watching films, even if the sun outside smiles all the day long. So her optimization aim doesn't match her added freedom which comes necessarily along with more responsibilities. Seems there are still to much fall back safers (wife, grand parents, ...) taking care her not full filled responsibilities, preventing her from learning out of failures. This is an open loop learning, which is inefficient. Normally I would adjust that, ready, go πŸ˜…, but here...it's much more challenging then developing a most competitive race engine, teaming those fall back safers, but that would be worth another story πŸ˜„.

Thanks for reading, was good to wirte it down!

Β·
Registered
97 civic HX K24a
1,258 Posts
Discussion Starter #560
It’s been a busy life as a new dad, I haven’t touched the car in a couple weeks other than a short drive. Between work 6 days a week and trying to give my wife some reprieve while I’m home there hasn’t been much time for updates. I hope you and your family are doing well ! I will have progress soon !

541 - 560 of 561 Posts