Honda / Acura K20a K24a Engine Forum banner

401 - 418 of 418 Posts

·
Arouse the DAMPFHAMMER!
6,963 Posts
No not in that direction lol. We were married in Maui at the end of summertime and that was my favorite mix of ocean beaches and mountain terrain, by far my most desirable place to move to.
You romantic guy. She must be happy...

·
Registered
97 civic HX K24a
913 Posts
Discussion Starter #402
You romantic guy. She must be happy...
Her best friend has lived in Hawaii for years, she’s always loved it there, our wedding trip was my first time going and I loved it. We are hopefully going back soon as possible once traveling is a little more advisable 🙄

·
Registered
97 civic HX K24a
913 Posts
Discussion Starter #403
I will admit I’m ready to get back in the garage when we get home later today 😎 I want to figure out my no start condition and get it running asap. I have the dmv paperwork to send in and get road legalized. The car hasn’t had tags updated since ‘14 😆

·
Arouse the DAMPFHAMMER!
6,963 Posts
Her best friend has lived in Hawaii for years, she’s always loved it there, our wedding trip was my first time going and I loved it. We are hopefully going back soon as possible once traveling is a little more advisable 🙄
So you upgraded to be a romantic guy.

·
Arouse the DAMPFHAMMER!
6,963 Posts
I will admit I’m ready to get back in the garage when we get home later today 😎 I want to figure out my no start condition and get it running asap. I have the dmv paperwork to send in and get road legalized. The car hasn’t had tags updated since ‘14 😆
I was last year 10 days on the North Sea (Juist island) with my girls, without tuning an engine I would have been lost in the sand doing flora and fauna analysis 😆. Have a good drive home!

·
Arouse the DAMPFHAMMER!
6,963 Posts
Flora and fauna ?
It's all the living plants and animals in general. Of course every area has it's specific one. I was the first time of my life there, it was very interesting to see the mudflat area there. It's a world heritage area.

·
Registered
97 civic HX K24a
913 Posts
Discussion Starter #409
Well I was able to get it running after work today, I just needed to redo my clutch safety switch jumper wire and it fired right up. No cel aside from secondary o2 which I will disable. I am getting some funny readings or none at all from the oem wideband sensor which I will need to troubleshoot further tomorrow but for now I am happy to see and hear it running again 👍💯 also my billet shift box and 5th gear lockout arrived and I am very pleased with both items ✅
15DB75CA-F443-4456-8339-3CC8A5AD9AEF.jpeg
90ED1E79-D202-467D-8021-7CF6CCD29F6E.jpeg

·
Registered
97 civic HX K24a
913 Posts
Discussion Starter #411
The wife said it sounds like a monster 👹
@LotusElise it was reading 17:1 or leaner on the kpro so I added 3% overall fuel and got the idle close to 14.7:1. The tip in I didn’t touch, it seems the vacuum leak being taken care of gained the throttle response back. The idle will need tuned further but I have it around 800 rpm with just the screw on the TB and iacv disabled.

·
Arouse the DAMPFHAMMER!
6,963 Posts
@LotusElise it was reading 17:1 or leaner on the kpro so I added 3% overall fuel and got the idle close to 14.7:1. The tip in I didn’t touch, it seems the vacuum leak being taken care of gained the throttle response back. The idle will need tuned further but I have it around 800 rpm with just the screw on the TB and iacv disabled.
Good you get it tuned. I would made my mind if that lean condition can be cured to lambda 1,00 (14.7:1 with pump fuel) with only adding 3 % of fuel. Seems a lot of fuel went through the chamber unburned instead and was in demand for a better combustion efficiency. Just my guessing. Where does ign. timing come down to lay on idle?

·
Registered
97 civic HX K24a
913 Posts
Discussion Starter #413
Good you get it tuned. I would made my mind if that lean condition can be cured to lambda 1,00 (14.7:1 with pump fuel) with only adding 3 % of fuel. Seems a lot of fuel went through the chamber unburned instead and was in demand for a better combustion efficiency. Just my guessing. Where does ign. timing come down to lay on idle?
I recorded a 30 second datalog, am trying to get it from my laptop into my email so I can post it here. Before I ran the engine I unplugged injectors and cranked it over until oil pressure built up, once plugged in the engine fired almost immediately and besides a low idle I didn’t see any issues. No water or fuel leaks, and I’m almost positive there’s no air leaks. I probably have today off due to the weather so I will diagnose further with kpro today.

·
Registered
97 civic HX K24a
913 Posts
Discussion Starter #414
The map im using is a tsx with header and cai, do you have any ideas why the o2 sensor doesn’t read when I switch input to the PRB/PND built in wideband. My sensor is plugged in and there’s no cel for o2 sensor

·
Registered
97 civic HX K24a
913 Posts
Discussion Starter #415
I was having an issue with zero voltage to the o2 sensor, and turns out it was my error once again 😆 the relay on my conversion harness wasn’t plugged in completely. Now kpro is reading the AFR and making adjustments as needed. I’m filling out the paperwork to get my tags from dmv and the next stop is the alignment shop. 👍

·
Arouse the DAMPFHAMMER!
6,963 Posts
I was having an issue with zero voltage to the o2 sensor, and turns out it was my error once again 😆 the relay on my conversion harness wasn’t plugged in completely. Now kpro is reading the AFR and making adjustments as needed. I’m filling out the paperwork to get my tags from dmv and the next stop is the alignment shop. 👍
Good you solved it by yourself 🆙. I wasn't much here these days. How are the idle logs looking. Good?

·
Registered
97 civic HX K24a
913 Posts
Discussion Starter #417
Good you solved it by yourself 🆙. I wasn't much here these days. How are the idle logs looking. Good?
It is idling a bit on the lean side, I got the o2 working at the end of my garage time yesterday and logged a short idle , I will try to upload shortly. It holds very steady on its own , for not having an iacv. Once the o2 was registering the idle came up to close to 1,000 rpm while warm. I still have an air bubble I believe, my temp got to 190 while the heater was still blowing cold and I can feel one of the hoses has air in it.

·
Arouse the DAMPFHAMMER!
6,963 Posts
...I still have an air bubble I believe, my temp got to 190 while the heater was still blowing cold and I can feel one of the hoses has air in it.
Venting day. The Lotus coolant piping is a bitch regarding getting the air out of them. With the EWP it is a bit easier, but I spent around 2 h and around 2 Liter coolant to vent that system properly. A hard time for the engine, but that Princess always need extra caring 😎. Good success with yours.

401 - 418 of 418 Posts