Honda / Acura K20a K24a Engine Forum banner

381 - 400 of 419 Posts

·
Registered
230 Posts
Hey brother. No I do not need it. I have a K-Tuned shifter modification with the spring upgrade. That whole section that Buddy Club makes does not work with the stock shifter, only the spring is interchangeable. So I have the extra Buddy Club spring

·
Registered
97 civic HX K24a
914 Posts
Discussion Starter #383
Hey brother. No I do not need it. I have a K-Tuned shifter modification with the spring upgrade. That whole section that Buddy Club makes does not work with the stock shifter, only the spring is interchangeable. So I have the extra Buddy Club spring
I do appreciate the offer, but last night I ended up ordering a billet shift box & my stock box has a broken pivot ball that I was going to try and fix before doing anything else to it. Thankyou though !

·
Registered
97 civic HX K24a
914 Posts
Discussion Starter #384
If anyone’s wondering a heater core job is much easier with two people 🙄💀 many cuts and curses later there are no water leaks inside the dash and the heater system is all hooked back up.
4A62173F-4562-4BEB-92A3-7F5ADE32A7EA.jpeg
891A7365-9B27-41E0-9ECA-171499A0062D.jpeg
1339D215-0FAB-4CE8-9D33-8E3FBD747D0C.jpeg
BED1534B-5E01-43DF-A146-C7DBDB5A8433.jpeg

·
Arouse the DAMPFHAMMER!
6,963 Posts
If anyone’s wondering a heater core job is much easier with two people 🙄💀 many cuts and curses later there are no water leaks inside the dash and the heater system is all hooked back up.
Those are the jobs which are better found in history then be seen in a near future. No hand cuts, scratches or what so ever? Great job done anyway 🆙.

What kind of hose clamps are you using for the feed hose of the in-cabin radiator?

·
Registered
97 civic HX K24a
914 Posts
Discussion Starter #386
Those are the jobs which are better found in history then be seen in a near future. No hand cuts, scratches or what so ever? Great job done anyway 🆙.

What kind of hose clamps are you using for the feed hose of the in-cabin radiator?
No there was plenty of cuts and scratches lol. I just grabbed some from the auto store, they were out of the size I needed so a couple of them have the twist by hand tips on them, I probably will swap out after a trip to another parts store for more.

·
Arouse the DAMPFHAMMER!
6,963 Posts
No there was plenty of cuts and scratches lol. I just grabbed some from the auto store, they were out of the size I needed so a couple of them have the twist by hand tips on them, I probably will swap out after a trip to another parts store for more.
Yeah, scraaaaaaaaaatchy work :D. Yeah, but does the parts store still have open or you talk about online trip to a parts store. Here we have restrictions, only for food, work, sport we are allowed to go outside. All other service (workshops, hair dresser, shops, ...) are closed :(. They even want to increase the lockdown restrictions here, latest idea was a 15 km radius limitation when more then 200 cases/100000 citizens happen. The police may ask themselve how to control this...LOL :D. German Bureaucracy, but we will see what they decide finally for the time after the lockdown window till 10th of January.

Did you already a leakdown test to see if that stock block and head seals fine for your power goal?

·
Registered
97 civic HX K24a
914 Posts
Discussion Starter #388 (Edited)
Issues I still need to address/checklist for the car :
-valve cover slightly touches hood
-throttle cable bracket touches as well
-replace both inner and outer tie rods
-finish re-installing dashboard components
-have my 3” exhaust modified to fit with new vibrant muffler (yet to be purchased )
-alignment
-new rear tires
-compression and leak down test
-repaint wheels

Yeah, scraaaaaaaaaatchy work :D. Yeah, but does the parts store still have open or you talk about online trip to a parts store. Here we have restrictions, only for food, work, sport we are allowed to go outside. All other service (workshops, hair dresser, shops, ...) are closed :(. They even want to increase the lockdown restrictions here, latest idea was a 15 km radius limitation when more then 200 cases/100000 citizens happen. The police may ask themselve how to control this...LOL :D. German Bureaucracy, but we will see what they decide finally for the time after the lockdown window till 10th of January.

Did you already a leakdown test to see if that stock block and head seals fine for your power goal?
that’s pretty crazy to hear, in Oregon most restaurants are closed , bars if open close early, everything is limited in capacity but aside from the mask mana date I must admit it’s business as usual 99% to my eye. My job involves many hours daily driving between sites so I’ve gotten to see just about all of my state and some of Washington for the duration of this shutdown since March. I’m sorry to hear you are so restricted, are you able to work in your shop still? Is there patrols enforcing the stay at home orders ?

·
Registered
97 civic HX K24a
914 Posts
Discussion Starter #389

I haven’t done anything other than visual inspection so far and the initial startup for 15-20 seconds. I will get the equipment for leak down and compression test from a friend to do those soon, but I will admit it hasn’t been at the top of my list 😆 if the numbers are less than desirable , I will proceed accordingly but I am rather confident in the engines health.

·
Arouse the DAMPFHAMMER!
6,963 Posts
Issues I still need to address/checklist...
Nice list of duty items. Is there an optional list with swapping DC3.5, TODA D or S2 U1 into it?

...that’s pretty crazy to hear, in Oregon most restaurants are closed , bars if open close early, everything is limited in capacity but aside from the mask mana date I must admit it’s business as usual 99% to my eye. My job involves many hours daily driving between sites so I’ve gotten to see just about all of my state and some of Washington for the duration of this shutdown since March. I’m sorry to hear you are so restricted, are you able to work in your shop still? Is there patrols enforcing the stay at home orders ?
Seems like you have in Oregon less restrictions then we have here now. Actually I am still allowed to reach out for the workshop. If the 15 km rule would happen, I wouldn't be allowed to drive to it. How much cases per 100k citizen Oregon does have per last seven days? Here the Stuttgart 7-day-incidence declines from 85 to 83 per 100,000 citizens.

7-day-incidence of Stuttgart over one month. We came from peaky 171 to now 83. Aimed value is 50 new cases per 100,000 citizens per 7 days. They say that level is the aim because with 50 and lower they can check the contact chains and manage the outbreak prevention better. Therefore they want to extend and intensify the restrictions.

I haven’t done anything other than visual inspection so far and the initial startup for 15-20 seconds. I will get the equipment for leak down and compression test from a friend to do those soon, but I will admit it hasn’t been at the top of my list 😆 if the numbers are less than desirable , I will proceed accordingly but I am rather confident in the engines health.
There is likely no issue, it is a K-series, but knowing it may reduce your future costs for maintenance. You know, the elder a sports man is, the better he test his fitness with certified diagnosis to know the risk level for himself for e.g. a heart attack. Same is valid for engines 😉.

·
Registered
97 civic HX K24a
914 Posts
Discussion Starter #391
Nice list of duty items. Is there an optional list with swapping DC3.5, TODA D or S2 U1 into it?
Yes definitely, but the cams will probably be held off till after my daughter is born and I make sure everything is squared away with her insurance etc before spending that kind of Money on the car. When I take the engine apart for upgrades it will be getting new timing components and gaskets etc so I will take some time to gather the parts and enjoy the engine in stock form unless something unforeseen happens.

·
Registered
97 civic HX K24a
914 Posts
Discussion Starter #392 (Edited)
Seems like you have in Oregon less restrictions then we have here now. Actually I am still allowed to reach out for the workshop. If the 15 km rule would happen, I wouldn't be allowed to drive to it. How much cases per 100k citizen Oregon does have per last seven days? Here the Stuttgart 7-day-incidence declines from 85 to 83 per 100,000 citizens.

7-day-incidence of Stuttgart over one month. We came from peaky 171 to now 83. Aimed value is 50 new cases per 100,000 citizens per 7 days. They say that level is the aim because with 50 and lower they can check the contact chains and manage the outbreak prevention better. Therefore they want to extend and intensify the restrictions.
honestly to me, it feels like there is no restriction other than the masks and lines outside stores, I am sorry to hear they have you jammed up that bad over .00083% infection rate... i hope they don’t further the lockdowns so you can continue to work in your shop

. Oregon Coronavirus Map and Case Count

this article to me, makes our situation in relation to new cases sound a bit worse than yours. Yet everyone is going about their business 100% around here.

·
Registered
97 civic HX K24a
914 Posts
Discussion Starter #393
Yes definitely, but the cams will probably be held off till after my daughter is born and I make sure everything is squared away with her insurance etc before spending that kind of Money on the car. When I take the engine apart for upgrades it will be getting new timing components and gaskets etc so I will take some time to gather the parts and enjoy the engine in stock form unless something unforeseen happens.
I keep a close eye on the for sale ads local and abroad for a good deal for a set of cams, if I come across some I do have some funds put away to jump on the deal with and save them for later , but I also like the security of brand new things.

·
Registered
97 civic HX K24a
914 Posts
Discussion Starter #394
While I had the steering Column out I figured I would replace the old bolts and washers along with some new castle nuts for the lower ball joints and cotter pins. Receipt with part numbers included 👍 picked this up a couple days ago and forgot the update
01B5B907-7D3E-4EE2-94C9-2C4496899E02.jpeg
CADF5CFB-29AA-4597-A8B4-9E0373BC2262.jpeg

·
Registered
97 civic HX K24a
914 Posts
Discussion Starter #395
Checkerd sports k series ecu mount 👍 haven’t decided on a final location yet, just felt like test fitting. I got the car to power up and everything seems to be fine except my starter isn’t responding and I have no lights in the car, so I’m sure it’s user error with putting the fuse box back together under the dash. I am calling it for the day, the wife and I are going on a trip for the weekend and I will resume work on the coupe after 👍
15FA8D3F-4C9D-400E-BCFF-1890F7360769.jpeg
F2ADC288-756B-45FA-A446-1B85F6988538.jpeg

The reassuring green light 😅

·
Arouse the DAMPFHAMMER!
6,963 Posts
...I got the car to power up and everything seems to be fine except my starter isn’t responding and I have no lights in the car, so I’m sure it’s user error with putting the fuse box back together under the dash. I am calling it for the day, the wife and I are going on a trip for the weekend and I will resume work on the coupe after 👍
The reassuring green light 😅
A green light is always good :D. Enjoy the weekend man 🆙.

·
Arouse the DAMPFHAMMER!
6,963 Posts
Thanks ! It is a birthday trip for the wife and our little getaway before the baby gets here, her mother was nice enough to take the dogs for us so it is a relaxing trip 😎
Nice few, just no mountains :D. Hope you guys enjoy it anyway 😄.

381 - 400 of 419 Posts