Honda / Acura K20a K24a Engine Forum banner

21 - 40 of 174 Posts

·
Registered
263 Posts
Discussion Starter #21
I believe the runners are 1 7/8” on the ones I’m looking at I’m not sure if they step into larger sections before reaching the back collector but everything I’ve read points to that runner size performing well
I’m no expert tho lol not by a long shot

·
Registered
263 Posts
Discussion Starter #22
Sparks racing conversion harness purchased for a good deal on offer up 👍 always feels good to get one more part taken off the list. Will post pics when it arrives along with a little restore on the oem rsx shifter box.

·
Registered
263 Posts
Discussion Starter #23
I believe the runners are 1 7/8” on the ones I’m looking at I’m not sure if they step into larger sections before reaching the back collector but everything I’ve read points to that runner size performing well
49BA66B5-D174-4BD8-AC8A-D5408739F424.jpeg
This is one of the possible header options I’ve been looking into

·
Registered
263 Posts
Discussion Starter #24
Couple shots of the vis trunk in the sun 😎 have the matching hood both with 2008 tags on them 👨‍🦳
1E36A34F-B0F7-4A3D-A03B-D40A625C7981.jpeg
BACFA883-E4D5-4390-85DC-0E4E02F5CF86.jpeg

·
Registered
263 Posts
Discussion Starter #25
Picked up a manual eg steering rack to refresh along with the subframe will post pics when I get to cleaning up and painting everything 👌
623331F2-EECF-4CD3-BDA2-7CCAF7718500.jpeg

·
Registered
263 Posts
Discussion Starter #28
Small update got some stuff in the mail for the build ✊
-Aerocatch extreme hood latches
-10an pushlock catch can kit
-black heat wrap
All will be installed at various points in time will include pics and write up of all installs when they occur 😤
82EABA95-2CA9-4F83-B5D7-0CFF977420BF.jpeg

·
Arouse the DAMPFHAMMER!
6,265 Posts
Ya I believe the traditional tri-y design is a 4-2-1 or 4-2-2-1 ?
Tri-Y design:
pipes, called primaries, flow from cylinder head flange into 2 pipes, called secondaries, with the help of two Y-mergers, these 2 pipes flow from the mentioned mergers into one pipe, called collector, with the help of 1 Y-merger. Guys call this design a 4-2-1 header.

One-Y design:
Or a 4-1 header has only 4 primaries, which merge into the 1 collector pipe directly.

Little shot of my favorite piece to start the day off 🙄😎
Do you have holiday or corona free?

·
Registered
263 Posts
Discussion Starter #31
Tri-Y design:
pipes, called primaries, flow from cylinder head flange into 2 pipes, called secondaries, with the help of two Y-mergers, these 2 pipes flow from the mentioned mergers into one pipe, called collector, with the help of 1 Y-merger. Guys call this design a 4-2-1 header.

One-Y design:
Or a 4-1 header has only 4 primaries, which merge into the 1 collector pipe directly.

Do you have holiday or corona free?
I gotcha now I probably was thinking of the pipe design on b series. I live in Oregon we saw a shutdown a couple months ago but The “numbers reported” of sick and infected people here is really low compared to
More populous areas. I’m a road striper and construction worker so we’ve been actually busier than ever 6 day weeks at the least. The overtime has been nice but I definitely liked going out and doing my jobs better when everyone else was ordered to stay home 😂

·
Arouse the DAMPFHAMMER!
6,265 Posts
I live in Oregon we saw a shutdown a couple months ago but The “numbers reported” of sick and infected people here is really low compared to
More populous areas. I’m a road striper and construction worker so we’ve been actually busier than ever 6 day weeks at the least. The overtime has been nice but I definitely liked going out and doing my jobs better when everyone else was ordered to stay home 😂
Very good, the actual US government said from beginning it would invest billions into rebuilding the infrastructure (streets, bridges, ...). Did you experience this? Do you live more in the east where winter season is longer? Salt and temperature changes create, so I guess, more work for you as it would be in the mediterran west coast area, isn't it?
LOL :D, I can imagine the calm traffic when lockdown was active. I remember good the times before the 3-way-CAT and leaded fuel was normal. I assume the 3-way-CAT and unleaded fuel was a great improvement for guys like you working directly in front of busy streets. A lockdown maybe seems to be like perfect working condition, breathing fresh air all the time and only the working machines run or "noises" your way :).

Oregon has in the east similar landscape as my home land has. Mountains of 600-1800 m above the valleys and in total up to 2600 m (no mount Hood level :D) above sea level. Winter season is...äääähhh was about 6 month years ago. Now it get shorter, 2-4 month the last 5 years in the valley. That's interesting, Oregon has about 2/3 of the land area of Germany, but only 5 % of the citizens. Must be a very rural area, beside the cities like Portland. Is it true Oregon doesn't have a value added tax? Looks to me like a paradise for engine builders and tuners 😉.

·
Registered
263 Posts
Discussion Starter #33
Very good, the actual US government said from beginning it would invest billions into rebuilding the infrastructure (streets, bridges, ...). Did you experience this? Do you live more in the east where winter season is longer? Salt and temperature changes create, so I guess, more work for you as it would be in the mediterran west coast area, isn't it?
LOL :D, I can imagine the calm traffic when lockdown was active. I remember good the times before the 3-way-CAT and leaded fuel was normal. I assume the 3-way-CAT and unleaded fuel was a great improvement for guys like you working directly in front of busy streets. A lockdown maybe seems to be like perfect working condition, breathing fresh air all the time and only the working machines run or "noises" your way :).

Oregon has in the east similar landscape as my home land has. Mountains of 600-1800 m above the valleys and in total up to 2600 m (no mount Hood level :D) above sea level. Winter season is...äääähhh was about 6 month years ago. Now it get shorter, 2-4 month the last 5 years in the valley. That's interesting, Oregon has about 2/3 of the land area of Germany, but only 5 % of the citizens. Must be a very rural area, beside the cities like Portland. Is it true Oregon doesn't have a value added tax? Looks to me like a paradise for engine builders and tuners 😉.
Yup no sales tax in Oregon just income /state /federal etc.so whatever price the item displays is actually what I pay. I have seen pretty much the normal summertime construction with the exceptions of the grocery stores adding new signs and painting to direct customers to online pickup areas. Im about 40 miles south of Portland in a city of about 100,000 people so not exactly rural but there are quite a few little farm towns surrounding

·
Registered
263 Posts
Discussion Starter #34

We mainly do work in parking lots but we do get road contracts from the city and state frequently. Striping the parking lots was a breeze without having to look over my shoulder for someone dodging cones and running my paint over lol. Now it’s all too familiar everyone’s always in a damn hurry they always have somewhere to be that’s more important etc etc lol. I much preferred the ghost town effect.

·
Arouse the DAMPFHAMMER!
6,265 Posts
We mainly do work in parking lots but we do get road contracts from the city and state frequently. Striping the parking lots was a breeze without having to look over my shoulder for someone dodging cones and running my paint over lol. Now it’s all too familiar everyone’s always in a damn hurry they always have somewhere to be that’s more important etc etc lol. I much preferred the ghost town effect.
Nice work you do there. The good is you see your day work immediately. Before I studied I was a tiler and I know this hurry made on some construction sites huge trouble when I made a floor new with tiles and the next craftsman walked over it just without making his mind about it. The blocking sticks were placed in the door just for fun 😉. So I know this feeling :D...

Yup no sales tax in Oregon just income /state /federal etc.so whatever price the item displays is actually what I pay.
Very nice, sounds like entrepreneurs paradise. Same is valid for online stores?

Im about 40 miles south of Portland in a city of about 100,000 people so not exactly rural but there are quite a few little farm towns surrounding
I assume it to be the Cherry City (Salem) which is connected to Highway 5, correct? Almost Sea level, very nice...so less weather changes.

·
Registered
263 Posts
Discussion Starter #37
Nice work you do there. The good is you see your day work immediately. Before I studied I was a tiler and I know this hurry made on some construction sites huge trouble when I made a floor new with tiles and the next craftsman walked over it just without making his mind about it. The blocking sticks were placed in the door just for fun 😉. So I know this feeling :D...

Very nice, sounds like entrepreneurs paradise. Same is valid for online stores?

I assume it to be the Cherry City (Salem) which is connected to Highway 5, correct? Almost Sea level, very nice...so less weather changes.
You are well Informed sir yes I live in Salem. I grew up on a skateboard so the rain was always a bummer lol. But the weather here is great most of the time. Yes no sales tax to Oregon address from online retailers as well. I can’t complain! the ocean, city and mountains are all within an hours drive 👍

·
Registered
263 Posts
Discussion Starter #38
You are well I formed sir yes I live in Salem. I grew up on a skateboard so the rain was always a bummer lol. Yes no sales tax to Oregon address from online retailers as well. I can’t complain the ocean, city and mountains are all within an hours drive 👍
And ThAnkyou ! My father in law builds houses and I wasn’t too keen to be around when it came time for The tile and floor work on ours 😂 not easy stuff

·
Registered
263 Posts
Discussion Starter #39
Small arrival today the sparkks racing conversion harness 👍 slowly but surely my parts list is growing 🥳
image.jpg

·
Registered
263 Posts
Discussion Starter #40
It’s by no means perfect but the itch to do something struck me after work today so I wiped down and taped off my rbc to get it painted up.I had read the header paint dries a more flat finish and is less prone to chipping or cracking so I figured I would give that a try. The valve cover and other bits will be black so I wanted to keep the manifold a somewhat oem silver color 👍
338A1C7D-81B4-46C0-A3B2-CA564F3E5BC4.jpeg
C9EEF37D-5B57-4305-8A4F-EE03CFDE33E8.jpeg
75B97F60-8150-4B4F-9C8B-33947049A251.jpeg
C5BF8003-DDE8-4D17-8970-EB030BE89910.jpeg
FCD6508E-D439-4FC1-994C-67554D3C1F3A.jpeg

21 - 40 of 174 Posts