Honda / Acura K20a K24a Engine Forum banner

241 - 260 of 324 Posts

·
Arouse the DAMPFHAMMER!
6,578 Posts
I believe he was saying the 87mm piston weighs a bit more than the 86, but not enough to cause valve float. If I read that correctly. I had asked if using an 87x86 platform would hurt the rpm capability on the k20. Even 88 bore would be pretty cool, anything to get the tq up but still Rev 9k +
One of the nicest K-series crank drives is the 90x90.7 engine. Beats every 87x99, which revvs to the same piston pin load. For a serious built 9500 rpm aren't a problem with the F22C crank. The only issue is the sealing of the head gasket. The sleeves need to be set with some decking, to give seating and sealing enough play to work. But on the 90 bore you can use amazing port design parameters. It is an very expensive short block approach and fits to almost no racing series, therefore it is very rare regarding experience. In a K24 block it would have still rod-stroke ratio of at least 1.72, which is more then the OEM K20 has. The 300 whp borderline falls relatively easy compared to 99 mm stroke engines.

·
Registered
653 Posts
Discussion Starter #242
Debating which intake to go with 🙄 I really like the tractuff model, but i also think the k tuned 3.5” is a nice piece and would make some power. Decisions lol
E27EB79A-36D7-4FC3-88C2-704BEF4A3E0C.jpeg
138A16C8-55C5-4264-8007-168F10794387.jpeg

·
Premium Member
314 Posts
Make your own and pipe it the way you want, I have Tig Welder in my shop so ill be doing some custom fabrication for my intake and intercooler

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
653 Posts
Discussion Starter #244
Make your own and pipe it the way you want, I have Tig Welder in my shop so ill be doing some custom fabrication for my intake and intercooler

I have a buddy who can tig, but his time is valuable lol. Would end up costing me the same for
Labor and materials as it would to buy one honestly.

·
Premium Member
314 Posts
Then witch ever has the best fitment choose that one, and call it a day lol

·
Registered
653 Posts
Discussion Starter #248
After looking at all the options I decided it was best to just mount the radiator right into the traction bar. I gathered some spare hoses from a buddy with a k24 as well and was able to get a working setup. Still undecided for which intake I will use daily, but my 3-3.5” coupler does barely clear my top hose, so that will likely be faced towards the headlight for a track day v stack. Fan wiring Will need to be extended and that will probably be ran along the traction bar over to passenger side.
4EFA753F-8118-4BC1-996A-A3AFD16EEA99.jpeg
87762B07-9BAA-4DF9-997E-AF4EC39D1E30.jpeg
91E69B9A-E6EB-4633-A0EE-D47D0B127C4B.jpeg
AC791C3C-86AF-4532-B814-24ABEBF8D652.jpeg

·
Premium Member
314 Posts
What radiator is that i think that would be great setup for my em2

·
Registered
653 Posts
Discussion Starter #251
What radiator is that i think that would be great setup for my em2

It doesn’t have a name on it, I got it from a friend awhile back for my old b series. The fan shroud I think is yonaka but the radiator is just your average eBay aluminum dual core.

·
Registered
653 Posts
Discussion Starter #253
What TPS sensor are you using ? I would insulate the radiator hose by the intake, or just insulate the entire thing.
Just a DIYtuning b series tps. I actually just ordered the silicone hybrid racing CAI and it should give me a little more room between the top hose.

·
Arouse the DAMPFHAMMER!
6,578 Posts
Just a DIYtuning b series tps. I actually just ordered the silicone hybrid racing CAI and it should give me a little more room between the top hose.
Good choice KBuilt 🆙. The B-series TPS is a much more reliable candidate then the K-series. The later represents the weakest point of the K-series, as most of the electrical issues I was solving here at K20a.org remotely are TPS related. It has an huge impact on idle and low load drivability as well as emissions. I would always get rid of the series part after get my hands on another A-type engine.

·
Registered
653 Posts
Discussion Starter #255
Good choice KBuilt 🆙. The B-series TPS is a much more reliable candidate then the K-series. The later represents the weakest point of the K-series, as most of the electrical issues I was solving here at K20a.org remotely are TPS related. It has an huge impact on idle and low load drivability as well as emissions. I would always get rid of the series part after get my hands on another A-type engine.
Thanks 👍 besides already having one I had done some research on solving the k series tps issue ( the first k24 swap I had was plagued by this, I went through 3-4 sensors and never solved the issue ) and came across a video where jeff Evans of Evans tuning explains the b series tps is advisable as the sensor isn’t sensitive to engine vibration in the same way the k series sensor is ? Once set properly, I have never had an issue with a b series TPS and I’m hoping that trend continues with this new k24 lol

·
Arouse the DAMPFHAMMER!
6,578 Posts
Once set properly, I have never had an issue with a b series TPS and I’m hoping that trend continues with this new k24 lol
With the B-series TPS you will see that continuing working well.

You decided already on the intake length, diameter and routing?

·
Registered
653 Posts
Discussion Starter #257

I have in fact ordered the silicone hybrid racing cold air intake.Full 3” ID to a velocity stack and filter in front of the wheel. 👍 (some pics from hybrid’s site)
7ED3F0E5-EE21-4EE2-BFB0-077C2DEC27C5.jpeg
D71F5F47-4560-43A7-8315-67088FDEDB96.jpeg
829EC935-B149-4824-A90A-DC5190499388.jpeg

·
Registered
653 Posts
Discussion Starter #258

Once the car is on the street it’s going to a buddy’s to have a 3.5” intake made out through the headlight for race days next season. But I still need to source a spare driver side headlight for that as well.

·
Premium Member
314 Posts

Your right about k20 TPS they suck, changed 2 of them, what a garbage, only good thing is they are not hard to get to lol.

·
Registered
653 Posts
Discussion Starter #260
Small update.. new knock sensor installed and my my ep3 flywheel Cover arrived to keep the bell housing clean as possible 👍
6797A82B-BCAD-4857-9C19-1177F3E6326A.jpeg
7C803F5C-83B9-414A-83EE-B6CA1846BE31.jpeg

241 - 260 of 324 Posts