Honda / Acura K20a K24a Engine Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
121 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
so i just finished my swap after a few months of work and i tried to start it on saturday.. it was cold as hell.. but i have a hybrid harness,stock k20a2 with bolt ons. nuthing crazy. well my friend came by to help me get it started and he tunes k-pros he said i was getting high voltage at the tps and it was like 112 in red. it cranks and gets fuel but it doesnt wanna start. he told me that i should get a new harness cause he said he seen harnesses go bad.. i pulled out the engine harness yesterday and i guess im gonna get a new 1 but what do you guys think? do harnesses go bad?

·
Registered
637 Posts
You could have mixed your tps plug with your map plug. That happens since they fit one another and you will get that tps high voltage cel code. Your tps is probably fried now.

·
Registered
121 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
i checked the two and i got it in the right way.. i got fuel pressure at the lines and i got spark

·
Premium Member
4,224 Posts
Did you adjust the TPS to get it back down? Do you have any pictures?

Did you do a compression check?

How did you check for spark and fuel?

:up::up:

·
Registered
386 Posts
? do harnesses go bad?
the most common problem with wiring is user error, wire harnesses do not have moving parts so they don't go bad, unless it's been underwater(katrina) and connector pins have corrosion and rodents have chewed some wires.

seems that you need to switch the reference voltage wire with the ground, when at WOT does the tps percentage drop to near zero/or zero. your ecu thinks that you're trying to start the engine in FLOOD mode thus cutting fuel at start up. flood mode is when your engine is flooded with gas, when at WOT it will kill injectors to clear the gas in the cylinders/chambers to get engine started.

·
Registered
121 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Did you adjust the TPS to get it back down? Do you have any pictures?

Did you do a compression check?

How did you check for spark and fuel?

:up::up:
the motor is freshly rebuilt motor and i checked for spark by pulling the spark plug out and left it connected to the coil. the fuel pump is turning on i hear it and the fuel pressure regulator has good pressure
i didnt adjust the tps but how much can it be adjusted??
i have a rbc manifold do you think that there might be a issue with the adapter plate?
the harness did sit in the back of my boys trunk for a while so i dunno if it got moisture on it or what.
i ordered a new harness and im gonna try that hopefully thats all it is put i have a feeling that there might be more to it than that.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts