Honda / Acura K20a K24a Engine Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
414 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just a heads up,in case you guys/gals havent already figured out..
I had a car '00 civic come to me with wiring problems,the guy had a type s engine,base rsx 5 speed tranny,base rsx throttle body and type s engine harness.
The engine would bog big time at anything over 50% throttle after I wired it up.It turns out that the base rsx tb has the tps mounted on the opposite side than the type s and it turns in the opposite direction,so the two outer tps wires need to be switched to compensate. :)
Also,the car drops out of vtec because of the base tranny gearing.I would take the engine to 8100 rpm,and the rpm would drop down to 4800 rpm or so when shifted into the next gear.I will be swapping in a 2003 Civic Si transmission in within the next couple of weeks,so Ill keep this thread updated when I have any more info.
Also,I just finished up wiring a 2001 civic with a k20a2 engine/ecu.
The type s a/c and powersteering were kept,ad both work very well.The p/s pump does hit the hood,so it will need to be clearanced slightly.
The engine is an extremely tight fit.A comptech type s header was used.
All of the cluster wiring is compatible with the type s ecu
For some reason though,all of the K swaps I have done required running a new wire from the ecu to the factory coolant temp sensor,as there is always a splice/cut in the wire somewhere. :?: .
If anyone needs help with their swaps,or has anymore info about problems they've run into,feel free to post! :)

·
Registered
458 Posts
fearless_dsm said:
Just a heads up,in case you guys/gals havent already figured out..
I had a car '00 civic come to me with wiring problems,the guy had a type s engine,base rsx 5 speed tranny,base rsx throttle body and type s engine harness.
The engine would bog big time at anything over 50% throttle after I wired it up.It turns out that the base rsx tb has the tps mounted on the opposite side than the type s and it turns in the opposite direction,so the two outer tps wires need to be switched to compensate. :)
Also,the car drops out of vtec because of the base tranny gearing.I would take the engine to 8100 rpm,and the rpm would drop down to 4800 rpm or so when shifted into the next gear.I will be swapping in a 2003 Civic Si transmission in within the next couple of weeks,so Ill keep this thread updated when I have any more info.
Also,I just finished up wiring a 2001 civic with a k20a2 engine/ecu.
The type s a/c and powersteering were kept,ad both work very well.The p/s pump does hit the hood,so it will need to be clearanced slightly.
The engine is an extremely tight fit.A comptech type s header was used.
All of the cluster wiring is compatible with the type s ecu
For some reason though,all of the K swaps I have done required running a new wire from the ecu to the factory coolant temp sensor,as there is always a splice/cut in the wire somewhere. :?: .
If anyone needs help with their swaps,or has anymore info about problems they've run into,feel free to post! :)
say you have gotten the base model tps on a type s engine. Is it possible to switch wires to make it work for the type s. i remember flippiin wires on the obd-0 civic\crx when change over from dual point to multi point.

·
Registered
414 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
The type s engine/harness had the complete base model throttle body,including tps.The outer two wires were swapped..similar to when you do the dpfi to mpfi conversion on the older civic dx.

·
Registered
458 Posts
fearless_dsm said:
The type s engine/harness had the complete base model throttle body,including tps.The outer two wires were swapped..similar to when you do the dpfi to mpfi conversion on the older civic dx.
Ok cool, man I have been searching for a while for the tps and found one on ebay and got it a couple of days ago for 34.75. My heart dropped when I read your post about the tps. As long as I can swap the outer wire and it works. Its all good.

·
IMAKEBOOSTATIDLE
6,913 Posts
What all is needed to run the power steering correctly? Because mine is like bubbling over... i have no clue what my problem is.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts