Honda / Acura K20a K24a Engine Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Gettin Paid to Go Deep
95 Posts
1993 Mustang Cobra, Teal/Grey Leather. 300Miles on it when I started driving, 45K miles on it when i sold it. Was bought new for me when i was a toddler and was garage kept.

and the little red hatch that turned me on to honda's H22 99 EK.

Then i picked up a S14 240SX beater that I blew up, I still have it, the shell is sitting in my garage right now just waiting on a motor. Picked up a B16a Hatch on a trade making me own my first honda, car didnt have the motor in it and need a few things, got bored and tired with the car and decided strip it and go a different route as a K-Swap car. a 96EK, Thus my Screen Name.

Now on to the Car I trade the mustang for, It come with a Y7 was clean as hell no dents dings or scratches, trade for it and some boot, later built a B18C Poorman Type R for it and traded for EG after i got fed up with the car having problems. Still to this day the boy that owns it now has problems with it, and has a totally different motor and what not in it.

so now onto the EG, after two weeks and 4 fuel pumps I beat the hell out of it, I have some anger issues.

so back a few weeks ago i seen a post on my local forum of another 96 EK forsale, ready for the strip all i have to do is put in a motor.

·
Went to the Dark Side
5,173 Posts
1986 chevy cavaler.. that this was a tank, 4 boys and 400,000 miles it finally died. locked up the motor.

·
trial user
12,673 Posts

'64 Galaxie 500XL. It was a great car to learn on. The designers at Ford lowered the roof so it looked chopped. It was an automatic with the stick on the console. I built 2 or 3 390FE motors for it. Torque monster!

·
Registered
21,783 Posts
^ thats an awesome first car(truck). I am lookin for an old truck like that now. Want one bad.

my first car wasnt a honda, though I wanted one, I got this from an estate auction for 1600 with 27,000 on it. It was an old ladys...

it wasnt that one, but mine was white, had jim wolf intake, header, cams, and ecu. I threw a rod in it. It had weak konig wheels and cut springs, but it was the fastest car around here for a bit, won me some money. I crashed it also avoiding hittin deer. shoulda just hit em. car was awesome. tons of trq, power to weight was amazing. tranny was good too and had an awesome diff. I could do like 200ft smoking launches in that thing. I'll find one again.

·
Premium Member
6,922 Posts
HAHA first ride was a 1977 honda civic hatchback wew it was slow it had a two speed hondamatic transmission .Only 1,2,n,r.p .I use to run first gear to 55 mph then hit second LOL I really should have bought a tachometer .I can only imagine how high that thing was reving .

·
Premium Member
179 Posts
shit my fist car that i ever owned was a 1981 Datsun 1200 pick up, back in Dominican republic. i got it in 1997 i found pictures of a similar one in the net.
mine's didn't look any close to this one.. it was a rost bucket.
But it was enough to get me laid...pussy magnet.

·
duct tape and zip ties
9,189 Posts
Its the only picture I have of it online. kind of my first ride of my own. had the porsche, and vette of mine but I consider it my first since it was the first thing I built for me.
71 c20 custom camper 454 I built when I was 12, ~500 ft lbs and 375 hp at 2800 rpm is what I built it for. it was nearing 18 years ago so I cant remember a lot. was stolen while on my first deployment in 05.
bought it as a farm truck (was a flat bed and at the time no fiberglass beds were being made) with a non running 396, blew the trans towing some stuff to minnesota from washington state, threw my th400 in blew the engine dropped in the 454.
was olive green, painted it dark toredour red inside and out.
4.12 gears, got the mag wheels from the neighbor to cut his grass for a couple weekends.
I did construction with my father at $5/ hour to pay for everything. I am still heart broken over it.
best part was the seats- 89 chrysler new yorker double coushin electric seats. was better than a caddy ride with the coil springs in the back.

·
Banned
2,720 Posts
No pics of my first car but it was 1985 trans am 5 speed high output 305 t tops loaded I loved that car lol my grand mother bought it brand new when she past I got it cops in my town loved that car lmao

·
Registered
697 Posts
When I was 16 I got two for the price of one 89 and 91 civic Si. Both were great cars. Sold the 89 after it broke timing belt and I wasn't smart enough then to know what it was. Got ass ended in the 91 and swapped everything over to a 90 DX (dash, wiring, ect). Pretty much made a Si with no sunroof. Graduated Highschool and gave the hatch to my younger brother and got a 93 CX it was a H22A built by inline pro. Had something like 215whp pretty stout for me coming from a background of D series. Drove it throughout college, and got tired of it because I didn't build it. So I sold it and bought a stock engine Integra LS guy tastefully modded the exterior to look like an ITR. I b20 swapped it with ITR trans, big brakes, suspension, did some cams and valve train on it. Did some track events and beat the hell out of it. About to swap it next month to my K that has been waiting paitently.:silly:

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.