Honda / Acura K20a K24a Engine Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 1054 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,608 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Oh great, another ITB setup to beat and throw on the pile of obsolete parts.
Gee, only $2,200 to lose some HP, what a bargain!
Mike,
Putting a bend in the runners will not have any effect on the HP.
Do these clueless Englishmen at AT give any thought to an air filter so the engine isn't worn out in a couple of weeks?
These things are a good example of flashy looks without any substance, so they'd be perfect for a show car.
oh the irony. when will we be graced with proof your manifold is anything other than different looking.

·
Registered
533 Posts
Re: K-Tuned ITB's - Coming Soon

Hey Rob,
Your illogical, idiotic opinion falls way short of having any significance so you're being ignored, get it?

·
Registered
533 Posts

You argue just like a little girl. When you know you can't win you try to change the subject. That's illogical, along with all the other idiotic stuff you write.

·
Registered
61 Posts

Oh great, another ITB setup to beat and throw on the pile of obsolete parts.
Gee, only $2,200 to lose some HP, what a bargain!
Mike,
Putting a bend in the runners will not have any effect on the HP.
Do these clueless Englishmen at AT give any thought to an air filter so the engine isn't worn out in a couple of weeks?
These things are a good example of flashy looks without any substance, so they'd be perfect for a show car.
such a negative attitude this guy has, i agree with sick silver

·
Premium Member
3,608 Posts
Discussion Starter #7

He's being realistic. Why would anyone buy a $2100 set of ITBs with 50mm throttle plates when you can buy used Kinslers for the same or new Kinslers for a couple hundred more that offer throttle plates in multiple sizes? Take Joe's advice and put bend in the runners so that at least you will have one appeal for the masses (not just riders), that they will fit under the hood. I believe Haywards have this bend that allow them to fit under the hood, but they are not cheap either iirc.

I'm surprised sicksilver did not comment on this ITB system, it's size, price, etc.; I know he loves Kinslers. :hmm:

What irony? His manifolds look like OEM manifolds, and there's nothing flashy about OEM manifolds.

You should buy a 9.0 and prove him wrong (and yourself right at the same time). :up:
i dont love my kinslers. i paid normal price for mine and have no ties with them at all. I bought them because they make the most power period and no real testing suggests otherwise.

did i say flashy? i said different. he claims his design is like no one elses with the legnth/harmonics but every third party test looks nothing like his results and just just any other manifold car. So im saying until we see proof its just a different looking manifold/design.

you are surpised i didnt comment on this k tuned stuff? why would I they made no claims about performance i think you are missing the point. if they like joe did said " these will kill kinslers by 14+whp" I would be telling them to prove it also. Maybe i missed where they said that. I think you guys forget about Joes original claims which is understandable because how many years has it been since he first started posting about it? yet stil no proof.

So i should spend my own dime to buy peoples products that make lofty claims? id need a million dollars to do that with all the big talkers in the industry. If joe was a business man the third party testing would have been done by now and he'd be selling manifolds (id be one of the first customers) but he isnt. he's still sitting behind his computer trashing everything else on the market with long winded responses and nothing to show for his product.

·
Registered
39,470 Posts

i dont love my kinslers. i paid normal price for mine and have no ties with them at all. I bought them because they make the most power period and no real testing suggests otherwise.

did i say flashy? i said different. he claims his design is like no one elses with the legnth/harmonics but every third party test looks nothing like his results and just just any other manifold car. So im saying until we see proof its just a different looking manifold/design.

you are surpised i didnt comment on this k tuned stuff? why would I they made no claims about performance i think you are missing the point. if they like joe did said " these will kill kinslers by 14+whp" I would be telling them to prove it also. Maybe i missed where they said that. I think you guys forget about Joes original claims which is understandable because how many years has it been since he first started posting about it? yet stil no proof.

So i should spend my own dime to buy peoples products that make lofty claims? id need a million dollars to do that with all the big talkers in the industry. If joe was a business man the third party testing would have been done by now and he'd be selling manifolds (id be one of the first customers) but he isnt. he's still sitting behind his computer trashing everything else on the market with long winded responses and nothing to show for his product.
Joe had said flashy and you quoted him. His manifolds are different looking than others out there, you cannot really deny that, if you really want to hang on to the 'different' bit.

I didn't mean you had any ties with Kinsler, I meant you love your Kinsler ITBs because clearly they made a lot of gains on your setup. I thought you'd find it amusing that someone would charge/spend 2100 for 50mm ITBs that will not fit under the hood (with no results or proof of gains) when they can buy Kinslers for about the same price in 51-67mm. Anyway, did you not spend your own dime on the Kinsler ITBs? Don't you spend your own money to buy other things simply because someone told you they will make power? :what:

Joe posted results of his manifolds, but you do not believe the results; and you are not alone by any means. The fact remains, however, that he did his part in getting them tested, and he posted those results. I doubted the manifolds existed too if you recall, but clearly they do, and they look good. I remember when IPS manifold came out and many did not believe that it could and did beat TWMs. Even when Kinsler came out, people did not become believers overnight. I'm not asking you to buy every product out there and test each one because you don't follow every product out there and try to run them into the ground. You said yourself in some thread that you think the manifold will make power but probably not as much as Joe has shown in his testing, so why not try for yourself and put an end to it? Look at it this way: if it does beat your kinslers, even by 10 WHP, that is a 10 WHP gain for you for less than half the price of Kinslers; if it beats it by more, even better; and if it gets beat by your Kinslers, well then you can follow him and his manifolds around as you do now and rub it in every damn time. =p

You are the perfect candidate, imo, as you have a nice setup with Kinslers and Kinslers is what Joe claims his manifolds beat, will beat, by a good margin. Clearly you do not believe his claims, and this is your chance to prove him wrong. I believe he has 9.0 manifolds in stock and ready to go. ;)

·
The Professional
1,872 Posts

^^^^ amen.

·
Premium Member
3,608 Posts
Discussion Starter #10

Luke,
I'll agree that the behavior of the animals involved is slightly different, but I don't think it goes any deeper than that. People are people and I'm not attempting to catch anybody in a net, as you suggest. I'm trying to release them from the net of ignorance so many are caught in already with a little education.
Blah blah blah. More talk with no walk.

Is this redundant for anyone else? But now I'll wait for this to get spun on me that I need to spend my money to prove someone wrong that has been trashing everyone else's products for years now with no third party test worth a damn.

·
Registered
39,470 Posts

You're considered third party, are you not? Buy it and test it, or continue with your own blah blah blah. I'm sure the irony eludes you though.

·
Premium Member
3,608 Posts
Discussion Starter #12

You're considered third party, are you not? Buy it and test it, or continue with your own blah blah blah. I'm sure the irony eludes you though.
Lol right on schedule

No other market in the world can someone make claims and bad mouth the competition and when someone speaks up it's up to them to prove it wrong. Personally id rather just save my money and watch his business disappear.

·
Registered
39,470 Posts

More blah blah blah, just as expected.

He 'bad-mouthed' the competition and provided proof backing up his claims. You 'bad-mouth' him, but you don't want to disprove his claims.

I'm sure this will go over your head yet again.

·
Premium Member
3,608 Posts
Discussion Starter #14

More blah blah blah, just as expected.

He 'bad-mouthed' the competition and provided proof backing up his claims. You 'bad-mouth' him, but you don't want to disprove his claims.

I'm sure this will go over your head yet again.
Posting dyno charts is proof?

Ok guys this just in I designed an intake manifold and it crushed my kinslers. Dyno proof. Paypal ready to ship

17whp gain!!!

·
Registered
39,470 Posts

lol, what else is he supposed to post as proof?

Great, so you made 17 WHP gain with your intake manifold. To disprove your claims, I'm just going to follow you around and bitch and moan about a third party test instead of actually taking the initiative and being that third party doing the testing to prove or disprove said claims. Flawless logic.

·
Premium Member
3,608 Posts
Discussion Starter #16

lol, what else is he supposed to post as proof?

Great, so you made 17 WHP gain with your intake manifold. To disprove your claims, I'm just going to follow you around and bitch and moan about a third party test instead of actually taking the initiative and being that third party. Flawless logic.
Lol @ following him around. He posts in every thread intake related talking shit. This one is a perfect example. This isn't his thread remember?

·
Registered
39,470 Posts

KTuned has clearly welcomed his input on this thread and on the topic, yet here you are with your usual 'Blah blah blah'.

As stated, there is a clear and simple solution to this: buy one, test it and prove him wrong.

·
Registered
341 Posts

You do a better job with propaganda and misinformation than NAZI Germany did. How about YOU showing the data proving otherwise. Also why did F1 go back to butterfly blades vs sliders or rollers. They're all trash in Milton Keynes I guess. You're nothing but a big lousy mouth on the forums. Do you show your face or product around the trade shows at all? PRI IMIS, the Autosport in Birmingham, or Motorsport Expo in Cologne? Obviously not, its a rhetorical question as everybody knows you're nothing but a nasty old has been never been shade tree mechanic with nothing to show but attacks liken a peasant cussing at the trailer park!

IF you had an all mighty product it would sell itself and you wouldn't need to smear the competition in such vulgar ways. Never seen Kinsler or LHP or other manufacturers demean the competition like that.

Just go away!
I dont get it? Hes showed multiple dyno charts to prove his product as much as he can. If you doubt it so much, or if anyone doubts it, then buy one yourself and prove it wrong.

Trying to prove a product is good is just as difficult as proving it wrong. There is only so much Joe can do.

On topic, respect to k-tuned for always trying to bring out new products of high quality

·
Premium Member
3,608 Posts
Discussion Starter #19

I dont get it? Hes showed multiple dyno charts to prove his product as much as he can. If you doubt it so much, or if anyone doubts it, then buy one yourself and prove it wrong.

Trying to prove a product is good is just as difficult as proving it wrong. There is only so much Joe can do.

On topic, respect to k-tuned for always trying to bring out new products of high quality
I think the problem people have is Joe running into other threads and constantly spouting off how everything everyone else is doing is wrong and basically just talking shit. If he just stuck to his threads about his product he would fall into obscurity and he knows this so he's trying to stay relevant any way he can. He chose to do this by constantly bad mouthing everyone else in his market which is pretty sad. No one is going to buy his product based on his dyno charts and lack of any track proof. That's now how the car market works. You either have track records to back up your products dyno charts or you have third party testers prove your stuff works. He's done none of that. Anyone can post dyno charts and say run 1 was this setup and run 2 this setup. And the few people that have his manifold didn't see results anything like his so I don't think it's looking good.

·
Premium Member
44,706 Posts

I think the problem people have is Joe running into other threads and constantly spouting off how everything everyone else is doing is wrong and basically just talking shit. If he just stuck to his threads about his product he would fall into obscurity and he knows this so he's trying to stay relevant any way he can. He chose to do this by constantly bad mouthing everyone else in his market which is pretty sad. No one is going to buy his product based on his dyno charts and lack of any track proof. That's now how the car market works. You either have track records to back up your products dyno charts or you have third party testers prove your stuff works. He's done none of that. Anyone can post dyno charts and say run 1 was this setup and run 2 this setup. And the few people that have his manifold didn't see results anything like his so I don't think it's looking good.
You want me to paypal you the money to buy his manifold?

STFU bitch.

1 - 20 of 1054 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.