Honda / Acura K20a K24a Engine Forum banner
61 - 80 of 94 Posts

·
Registered
300 Posts
This car is awesome, i have a few buddies who are VW lovers and constantly bash hondas, cant wait to show them this! Nice work :up:

·
rhd k20 jetta :)
994 Posts
Discussion Starter · #62 ·
made a header, ran out of heat wrap.. its a lil tight fit but its only temp till the snail comes :rolleyes:

some other pics of the bay.waiting for rbc and tb still

·
Registered
137 Posts
I give you props on doing this but I think you will be disappointed. I do love the Kseries motor but IMO you wont go fast in that boat of a Jetta.

but who iam to talk iam slightly biased.

what are you doing with axles?

·
994 Posts
Discussion Starter · #65 ·
if i wanted to go fast i woulda kept my crx lol. it wasnt built for speed. weighs as much as a rsx..... type s axles

·
Registered
137 Posts
what I mean is that the k20 compared to the 24v 2.8 version is just less torq with more hp.

so your using type s hubs inside mk3 carriers?

·
994 Posts
Discussion Starter · #67 ·
been driving it around the last couple days but its been raining so cant do much. since no whippers :facepalm: been having some vtec issues still need to figure that out and get a tune and exhaust made. open header is a little to loud for me

·
994 Posts
Discussion Starter · #68 ·
finished up exhaust got vtec to work. butttttt did a 1-2-1 shift and fucked it up. jumped timing 2 teeth. fixed it but it stilll cuts off and backfires when i get on it

·
994 Posts
Discussion Starter · #71 ·
it runns and drives good i got have a cutting off issue once in awhole i cant figure out

·
Registered
23 Posts
:up: First one I've seen done. Very nice have you ever taken it down the track? I'm curious as to how it would do compared to that same motor in an eg.:hmmm:

61 - 80 of 94 Posts