Honda / Acura K20a K24a Engine Forum banner
1 - 20 of 94 Posts

·
rhd k20 jetta :)
994 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
decided to do a build thread on this so here it goes

i picked up a jeta for 500 to fix and flip but one thing lead to another i got a 24v vr6 6speed (k swap of vw) than made it rhd and i got bored of it and lost interest and this is how it sat for a couple months alot of months loll

i decided to part it out started with selling off swap. so i ended up with a shell and i had some k series crx mounts laying around from a previous project. and a few nights of thinking i picked up a k20z1 swap and it went in the next day. so far i have 2 side mounts made and figured out my hub and axle situation. so heres a pic i got so far

still need to order alot more parts, and i only get to work on it on the weekends so hopefully it doesnt know any time soon

·
Registered
188 Posts
Niiice swap man! But do you think you gonna make much more over the 24v swap, was prob the 3.2 motor you had in there, worth all the effort?. Veedub boys gonna be hating for sure :)

·
994 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Honestly yes to me its worth it. The 24v is.still a garbage motor. It.doesn't have a lot of potential unless you sick a big Turbo on it. I.beat a mk2 with a r32 motor with cams, with a h2b bubble. And I just wanna show off what I can do and be differnt. And put 2 things I like.together power of Honda and looks of vw :)

·
Registered
26 Posts
this is truly awesome. I too love vw looks and honda motors, and honda looks too. ive told my buddy, who has a mk2 gti with a vr6 that hasn't ever driven that well, to do a k swap to be original and have an excellently designed engine. I get the idea from the caddy k20 on here. gotta love k's, good luck with build!

·
994 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
plans for this weekend, lets see how much i get done

take out sub frame, cut old mounts off it. weld new brackets, paint
fab up rear mount
take out dash
flock dash
start wiring
make clutch line
rad hoses
cut out rain tray

gotta buy
- DA karcepts hubs
- shifter box mounting plate
- thermostat
- rad hoses
- fpr and fuel lines

·
Registered
563 Posts
THis is original! love it! Back in the day when the b-series was all the craze everyone called them a "Phantom Slip". I dont know how good those lsds work in the k motors but they sucked for the b-series.

·
994 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
got nothing down today :( cut off old mounts off subframe and make a new one. went and bought hubs but are the wrong ones new ones should be here wensday or thursday :/ and got a shifter box mounting plate. lets see how that works out

·
994 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
3 hours to mount the shifter :facepalm: had to cut the shit out of the karcepts mounting plate. the tunnel was way smaller than a civic. should just sucked it up and bought a hybridracing shifter :rolleyes:

1 - 20 of 94 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.