Honda / Acura K20a K24a Engine Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Arouse the DAMPFHAMMER!
8,211 Posts
...FYI if you use 4g 20ft jumper cables. splitting them one side will be frayed open. ended up with black...
Maybe my non-native speaker lack of knowledge cause it, but I didn't get you. Ended up with black means what? You had a short cut?

·
Arouse the DAMPFHAMMER!
8,211 Posts
...these were the rod bearings. they look terrible. anyone know what this is? high mileage? was out of 05 AT accord
Was it already cleaned from carbon and fat? I can't really see it or the quality of the picture need to be increased?!

·
Arouse the DAMPFHAMMER!
8,211 Posts
...straight off the rod. wiped down and snapped piktar...
Corrosion isn't a good sign, could came from vibration induced movements, called friction corrosion. If so, the piston pin side would be bad to because of lack of oiling (= mismatch of oiling path holes).

·
Arouse the DAMPFHAMMER!
8,211 Posts
...cleaned front screen. had to remove idler and tensioner to get to it.
replaced the whole VTEC solenoid from the Good RBC head I have for the new motor
Did you flush the oil system? That metal chip on the filter entrance of the VTEC solenoid...:scared:...where is one, there are always others :door:

·
Arouse the DAMPFHAMMER!
8,211 Posts
Re: more engine

...put the head on with new OE headgasket... all while the baby slept....
Mastering both...you are really of human kind :wink:? These elder is a good time, they sleep so a great amount of the day. Mine is 10, they won't sleep and her princess altitude need some motivation to get helpful work delegate. At every elder they give you specific challenges :D.

·
Arouse the DAMPFHAMMER!
8,211 Posts
Re: more engine

getting car sanded totaly down for paint.
making carbon fiber plates to block off foglight lights on the mugen bumper.
all this sanding...:thud:
fixed oil leak. valve cover gasket was pinched.
changed spark plugs
You have a high pace, Jellybean! This is actual the fastest and most frequently posted car project here.

:notbad:

Markus

·
Arouse the DAMPFHAMMER!
8,211 Posts

·
Arouse the DAMPFHAMMER!
8,211 Posts
...and I'm hooked on crack. crack climbing is a good challenge...
Very nice to see you and your sun :). Seeing this I consider to test this as well with my daughter.

Which AC&PS delete kit did you order :scared:?

·
Arouse the DAMPFHAMMER!
8,211 Posts
wont start :/...I have spark and I have fuel.
but no turn over...
Do you have a perfect grounding? K-Series, especially the KPro'd ones need great attention to that. Seems like the voltage potential height is sensitive in that system, maybe through losses of the integrated emulator.

What wiring harness did you use and does it fit to the sensor layout the ECU expects?

·
Arouse the DAMPFHAMMER!
8,211 Posts
it was the map sensor. took off the 3bar and installed OEM one.
Are you going to setup the 3 bar senor in FPro?

smokes so much from under the hood from new header wrap....made me nervous...
Some of these smokes awfully and I wouldn't take a deep breath in of it. Fire it up only in open fields, not in a closed or half closed garage, this is likely a inhibiting anti-fire stuff of suspicious chemical consistency. Check - after cool down - the wrap after this of it sits still tight or if anything did cunning.

I am looking forward to read it runs good :).

1 - 14 of 14 Posts