Honda / Acura K20a K24a Engine Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys I'm brand new here so bare with me. So I'm swapping a jdm k24a into my ek I'm keeping ac and ps. I bought a k20a ps pump and ac compressor so it would work with my hybrid kits. The problem I'm having is my k20a ps pump doesn't bolt up to my jdm k24a. I'm trying to figure out wich water pump houseing I need to buy to make it work cause the jdm k24a doesn't work with k20a ps pump. Can I use a usdm k24a2 water pump housing to make my k20a ps pump bolt up. I kno if I buy usdm k24a2 water pump housing I'll have to get tensioner, water pump , altonator with it I just wanna make sure the ps pump will work with it. I originally asked the guys at hybrid before I spent 4600 dollars and they told me wrong. Srry for being long winded thabks if someone can help

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
I'm srry if this been previously asked I'm fucking computer retarded lol I tried finding a previous post and couldn't find anything

·
Registered
96 civic HX K24a
1,993 Posts
Usually when doing a k24a part of the trade off for the cheap power is you have to use all usdm accessories with a usdm water pump housing. Any k24 will work. The k20 ones have provisions for an oil cooler and come with a different water pump. The power steering pump should bolt up to any of the usdm housings. I found my alternator from an lkq used oem on eBay for $50 and went to the junkyard for an accord k24 water pump housing and auto tensioner. Paired that with the original k24a water pump, original crank pulley and a $68 ep3 idler kit from eBay. Hopefully that saves you some cash but if you want all new stuff it will only be a couple hundred extra.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Dude thanks alot man I appreciate the response. Yea im just trying to have the k24a swap done in my ek with ps and ac I'm not concerned with power right now. It has 3 lobe cams on intake and exhaust so it'll be a huge step up from the single cam.

·
Registered
96 civic HX K24a
1,993 Posts
Dude thanks alot man I appreciate the response. Yea im just trying to have the k24a swap done in my ek with ps and ac I'm not concerned with power right now. It has 3 lobe cams on intake and exhaust so it'll be a huge step up from the single cam.
The k24a has plenty of power even in stock form. My car stayed even with a new camaro from 30-100 or so lol. Unfortunately I don’t know much about using ps or ac as I’ve never had either in any of my cars 😅 but I do have a running k24a ek I put together from scratch if you have any questions about anything else.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks again dude yea im 32 I'm to old to not have ac and ps lmao. Yea I put a rbc manifold on the k24 and it'll be on kprov4 header back 3" exhaust so it should move for what it is. Yea im sure I'll have a couple more questions in a few days I'll let u kno. Thabks again dude have a good weekend

·
Registered
96 civic HX K24a
1,993 Posts
Thanks again dude yea im 32 I'm to old to not have ac and ps lmao. Yea I put a rbc manifold on the k24 and it'll be on kprov4 header back 3" exhaust so it should move for what it is. Yea im sure I'll have a couple more questions in a few days I'll let u kno. Thabks again dude have a good weekend
Sounds like you have the right stuff to make it go go 👍 3” exhaust sounds great on k motors. You as well 😎

1 - 8 of 8 Posts