Honda / Acura K20a K24a Engine Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
256 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i have a jdm type r(prc) ecu with hondata in it... for some reason no fuel pressure is coming on.. it dont turn my car on but wen i plug my friends hondata in it starts right up.. he has a usdm type s with hondata.. any help plz?

(EDIT):: i forgot to mention my car is a eg hatchback.. and im using a hybridracing conversion harness

·
Super Moderator
26,616 Posts
Does his ECU start your car or did you not try that yet?

·
GoldStar
2,657 Posts
just for clarification, your fuel pump is not priming when you key your car on using a prc ecu? if so, are you using e1 on your e-plug for fuel? e1 wont work for a prc. you have to use either e10 or e15. try it out you'll see.

·
Registered
2,531 Posts
What chassis?

I know with the EP3/DC5 chassis the PRC ecu doesnt have any immobilizor feature so the chassis wiring has to be modified to turn on the fuel pump.

·
Registered
256 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
just for clarification, your fuel pump is not priming when you key your car on using a prc ecu? if so, are you using e1 on your e-plug for fuel? e1 wont work for a prc. you have to use either e10 or e15. try it out you'll see.
i dont have an E plug.. lol.. but yes wen i put the key foward no fuel is coming on at all.. the onli wires i tapped into was fuel pump.. check engine light.. chargin and eld.. it works fine with the usdm type s ecu with hondata..

·
GoldStar
2,657 Posts
i dont have an E plug.. lol.. but yes wen i put the key foward no fuel is coming on at all.. the onli wires i tapped into was fuel pump.. check engine light.. chargin and eld.. it works fine with the usdm type s ecu with hondata..
If indeed you have a k-series motor in your car and are indeed using a k-series ecu then, YES, you DO have an E-plug. There is an A-plug (31 pin), a B-plug (24 pin), D-plug (17 pin), and an E-plug (31 pin) which all plug into the ECU. The E-plug is on the end.

The wire you "taped" for the fuel pump is most likely the "E-1" pin in the E-plug. For a PRC ECU the pin for fuel pump is E-10 (right below E-1 pin) on the E-plug. That is probably why your PRC ECU is not causing the fuel pump to prime when you key the car on.

·
Registered
80 Posts
02-05 JDM Integra Type R DC5 -- ECU: PRC (without Immo.)
05+ JDM Integra Type R DC5(new shape facelift model) ---ECU :pRC(with IMMO.)
So 05-06 JDM DC5R equipped with immobilizor.(Facelift Models) even PRC.
Also 05-06 JDM Civic Type R ECU`s (PRB) equipped with immolizor.(facelift model)
I dont know what about 06+ Civic Type R FD2 ECU .. but %90 it has immo.

·
Registered
256 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Good point Fuat. What I stated above applies to 02-04 PRC ECUs. If he has a PRC with Kpro its more than likely is a 02-04 model.

thanks for the help guys..

1 - 15 of 15 Posts