Honda / Acura K20a K24a Engine Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, im still on search of my 1st budget kswap project.
Im based in asia so there is only jdm k series here.
k20 base spec dc5, dc5 type r, ep3, cl7, fd2r
k24 cl9 or oddysey

most workshop here recommend full jdm dc5 type r kswap, so its expensive.
and when i throw the idea to do k24/k20 build they doesnt really recommend it.
don't know why.

im thinking of doing frankenstein build. k24+k20 using jdm parts only.
jdm k24 cl9 long block+ dc5 type r gearbox. rbc intake.
how much power it would make?

the only expensive stuff here is the dc5 type r gearbox.
so another cheaper option im thinking of using cl7 6speed gearbox but some workshop here doesnt recomment it since
they have different type of speed sensor. but what im aware i just need to hook up to ktuned vss converter.
am i right? or does it have more things to be modded so it would run ek cluster? they sound like it have so much hassle to do it.

·
Arouse the DAMPFHAMMER!
7,494 Posts
and when i throw the idea to do k24/k20 build they doesnt really recommend it.
What fabrication years and combinations do you have in mind? As long as the piston deck height = 0 mm, I see there no problem beside the valve to piston distance, which you should handle, e.g. by claying and by limiting VTC gear wheel advance accordingly.

how much power it would make?
Depends completely on what bolts on you are using and which internals you swap for any upgrade. The torque curve will definitely from low end up to high end higher then with the K20. But as peak power engine speed is not the same it is not natural to have more peak power. It need some things done right. Doing a 300 hp 2000 ccm 86x86 engine need some good design decisions and a good budget, but getting 300 hp out of the 87x99 engine is also challenging, despite it is eventually cheaper.

so another cheaper option im thinking of using cl7 6speed gearbox but some workshop here doesnt recomment it since
they have different type of speed sensor. but what im aware i just need to hook up to ktuned vss converter.
CL7 tranny = LSD plus a bit longer FD, seems to me a good fit for the bigger torque basis 🆙.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts