Honda / Acura K20a K24a Engine Forum banner

Jdm k24a

7K views 14 replies 4 participants last post by  cspcrx 
#1 ·
I’m doing a kswap and found out I have to switch accessories like alternator, power steering and water pump to a usdm. I measured my crank pulley and it’s 6.5”. Everywhere online says to convert to a k20 for everything. My question is can I just convert it to a tsx or Crv parts to keep it simple and not have to change the crank pulley. I believe the 2007 Honda CR-V has a 6.5” crank pulley but I’m not sure if the water pump housing will mount up to my k20a. Thanks

#2 ·
I am in the same boat but it’s because I am going to use the K-Tuned ps/ac delete kit and it doesn’t work with the JDM K24a water pump housing and alternator. I opted to get a housing off of a 05 CRV and an alternator from a base model RSX as it will match my harness.

#3 ·
Yea every video I’ve seen or forum I read said go with a k24 and now that I’m going that route. I’m seeing that this way is more expensive than if I would of went k20. Half the videos I see they take every part off a k20 and put it on a k24 it’s pretty ridiculous. Let me know what ends up working for you. I’ll keep you posted. Thanks

#4 ·
you can use the water housing and all accessories from a base model k24 accord or a crv for usdm options as well as the usual tsx/type s stuff. My k24a has the original water pump and crank pulley, with an accord k24a4 housing, crv alternator and k tuned replica ep3 pulley kit. It is more costly buying the k24 and having to swap everything over especially the oil pump, but these are worthwhile changes to make.

#6 ·
FWIW I had to use my old accessories from my blown k20a3 to my JDM K24a. I used the K20a3 crank pulley as well. I was on the same situation and kinda sad that I have to use my higher milage stuffs over the shiny JDM parts. The culprit is always the water pump housing - if you can find a work around on that you might be able to use them.

I believe the k20a3 and CRV K24s share some of the accessories so If you can find some from junk yards you could save some money. I was just lucky I had the parts already.

#8 ·
That’s why I went CRV. pump with housing was $40. Pump appears to be brand new as well. I was also able to score the base RSX alternator for $50. All from local salvage yards.

i will tell you this make sure you have a breaker bar with you. Those housing bolds can be a pain and combine that with the fact it seems all have front end damage making the room to work even tighter.

#10 · (Edited)
I went with the 05 Accord TB for a couple of reasons.

1) bolts right up to the intake manifold without adapters.
2) the throttle cable bracket bolts right up to the manifold as well
3) inexpensive and available at local salvage yard.

i just shipped my intake manifold and TB to King Motorsports. They offer a TB boring service for $150. they said it will open it up 2.5-3mm. For $90 they will match the opening to the TB. Since I plan on keeping my motor stock other than intake and exhaust this will be a stock solution that will get extra power throughout the rpm range.

more than you asked for but something to consider.

i understand you can get an adapter to mount other larger cable TBs to the RBB but the manifold opening is going to need to be opened up.

This is from another thread.
the only other real option for you is to buy the karcepts adapter plate and run an ep3 or rsx throttle body, the ep/rsx one is 2mm larger.

if this is true mine will be larger, be matched and not require an adapter.

#12 ·
I went with a K2B adapter plate to reuse my cheap 70mm TB from my B18c lol. You have to swap the cable wheel to a oem gsr to have it pull the right way, but about $100 for both I couldn’t argue with 👍. Blox and skunk2 (same sh%#) make the plate. It takes a little wiring as well to swap the plugs over to b series for the sensors. my last k had nothing but TPS problems 💀
Engine Auto part Vehicle Automotive engine part Car

#13 ·
I’ve been looking at going with a k24 throttle body since it bolts right up. but when I look it up it says it’s a different part number for manual and auto my question to you is. Does it matter if I use an accord tb does it matter if it’s from an automatic car.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.