Honda / Acura K20a K24a Engine Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hey, slowly piecing together my kswap pieces. I got a JDM K24a from a importer. Has a rbb-3 head and rbb intake manifold. The head looks significantly cleaner then the block (pic), I was curious if there was a way to know if the block matches the head through serial numbers or any stamps? Just curious if they slapped a 3lobe on another block.
Automotive tire Vehicle Automotive design Automotive exterior Motor vehicle

Also has a cable throttle body, I thought these come with dbw?

Thanks in advance! still a noob with these engines

·
Registered
29 Posts
Don’t know if you can see if the head is matching the block number wise.

But if it’s a K24A from a Odyssey Absolute it should have drive by wire, my K24A had it. Although I swapped it for cable throttle with a bigger TB.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Don’t know if you can see if the head is matching the block number wise.

But if it’s a K24A from a Odyssey Absolute it should have drive by wire, my K24A had it. Although I swapped it for cable throttle with a bigger TB.
It looked like a different SN, but not sure if they are supposed to match up or not. It had a PS pump, which from my research means its from a odyssey. Maybe the TB got swapped out at some point. Thx for confirming the dbw

·
Registered
165 Posts
That is odd. My JDM K24a is also an rbb-3 and block and head looked in similar condition. As yours mine came from the Absolute (Odyssey) and had the DBW TB on it. The cable TB came on the accord motor. Did you pull the valve cover to see if it has 3 lobes on both cams? Is the intake manifold plastic or metal?

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I did pull the valve cover and it is the 3 lobe cams. Manifold is metal and rbb stamped. Head seems good. Just curious if its a frankenstein k24. Ill just do a compression test once i get a flywheel and long as its sealed up nicely, just roll with it.

·
Registered
165 Posts
If the head is stamped RBB-3 it’s a K24 head. Sounds like a regular JDM K24a. Perhaps someone at the place you purchased it from was going to use it and had changed TB and started cleaning it up. I am with you it would strike me as odd as well since these are not parts that would come together and the head being cleaner than the block.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts