Honda / Acura K20a K24a Engine Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

Registered
2005 Honda Accord Euro R
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all!

The clutch on my '05 Accord Euro R is due for a change now (slipping more Steven Gerrard vs Chelsea, sorry Scousers! All love). For the most part, we have to import most of our parts here in the Cayman Islands. I have been shopping around online for some OEM replacements and just wanted to ask if there are any differences between the USDM Spec K series clutches and the JDM versions. I don't wan to order something and it ends up not being compatible.
I'm new to the K life so be gentle please馃ズ.

Stay safe out there yall!

Premium Member
No there isn't a difference between jdm and usdm K-series clutches.
However, there is a difference between K24A/K20A3 and K20A/A2/Z1/Z3 clutches and flywheels regarding the pressure plate alignment pin clocking. No idea why honda did this smh.

So you can't use K24A/K20A3 clutch kit (pressure plate mainly) on a K20A/A2/Z1/Z3 flywheel because of said pressure plate alignment pin clocking differences.

I forget if the CL7 (Accord-R) runs the same lightened flywheel as a RSX/EP3 Type-R or an RSX style clutch and flywheel at all (gut tells me it doesn't), but if it does you can stick with getting a full clutch kit for a K20A/A2/Z1/Z3. If it doesn't, you'll need to source a clutch kit for a K24A or K20A3 as both of these engines share the same flywheel pressure plate pin clocking, if you plan to reuse your flywheel.

I would suggest going full K20A/A2/Z1 RSX Type-S clutch kit w/lightened flywheel that way everything will work, no guessing and you get the added perk of a lightened flywheel.

Exedy offers a full blown oem TSX clutch w/flywheel replacement kit:

Registered
2005 Honda Accord Euro R
Discussion Starter #3
No there isn't a difference between jdm and usdm K-series clutches.
However, there is a difference between K24A/K20A3 and K20A/A2/Z1/Z3 clutches and flywheels regarding the pressure plate alignment pin clocking. No idea why honda did this smh.

So you can't use K24A/K20A3 clutch kit (pressure plate mainly) on a K20A/A2/Z1/Z3 flywheel because of said pressure plate alignment pin clocking differences.

I forget if the CL7 (Accord-R) runs the same lightened flywheel as a RSX/EP3 Type-R or an RSX style clutch and flywheel at all (gut tells me it doesn't), but if it does you can stick with getting a full clutch kit for a K20A/A2/Z1/Z3. If it doesn't, you'll need to source a clutch kit for a K24A or K20A3 as both of these engines share the same flywheel pressure plate pin clocking, if you plan to reuse your flywheel.

I would suggest going full K20A/A2/Z1 RSX Type-S clutch kit w/lightened flywheel that way everything will work, no guessing and you get the added perk of a lightened flywheel.

Exedy offers a full blown oem TSX clutch w/flywheel replacement kit:
Awesome! Truly appreciate the help.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts