Honda / Acura K20a K24a Engine Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello,

I'm searching for the JDM EK9 Civic Type R 99-00 Climate Control bezel. If you come across this part can you please let me know?

PS. I'm also looking for thin side moldings.

Thanks!

- Cam

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
SCAMMER ALERT: Frank56 (Profile)

Backstory: Frank56 on here private messaged me that his buddy had the CTR climate bezel. Seemed like a really good guy over email (lol), so we agreed to $BTC ($300 USD) as payment. Never got the tracking number. Then I googled the email address given to me and found this thread:
1) Ben Morton is a crook. [email protected]

This forum has had such a good reputation over the years I didn't think to put much effort into it for a lower cost item.

Oh well, live and learn. Stay safe out there folks!

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I should note it's been a couple of weeks since the transaction and the guy has completely ghosted me.

·
Registered
96 civic HX K24a
2,024 Posts
SCAMMER ALERT: Frank56 (Profile)

Backstory: Frank56 on here private messaged me that his buddy had the CTR climate bezel. Seemed like a really good guy over email (lol), so we agreed to $BTC ($300 USD) as payment. Never got the tracking number. Then I googled the email address given to me and found this thread:
1) Ben Morton is a crook. [email protected]

This forum has had such a good reputation over the years I didn't think to put much effort into it for a lower cost item.

Oh well, live and learn. Stay safe out there folks!
Sorry to hear that, always check to see how long the person has been a member of k20a and you can see post history and ask for vouches. Usually anything asking for crypto, cash app, etc is a scam. Same thing happened to me when I posted looking for parts people will say their friend has it message him blah blah.. I hope you can get it sorted out.

·
Arouse the DAMPFHAMMER!
8,026 Posts
Sorry to read you got scammed. Did you read this Scammer alert and tips against scamming Please always use safer approches and be clear about some basic facts like KBuilt mentioned it. No deals with new members which don't post any Honda stuff.

I will ban this guy If I didn't already.

·
Premium Member
908 Posts
I am wondering the status of this situation and if the part was received or not. I cannot stand it when people get scammed, I know the world has plenty of them though. Makes me what to cross check the scammers handle on other online media sites.

·
Arouse the DAMPFHAMMER!
8,026 Posts
Any further information about this guy doing dirty deeds?
The Forum SW will show him up to me when he is again trying to get a new member ship. I have also scanned for his email in the actual member collection, no match. We will keep eyes open, lift up suspicious and clarify, that is the best we can do.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts