Honda / Acura K20a K24a Engine Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

· Registered
17 Posts
Hopefully I can chime in now and add more details later as I get them. I just got a full DC5R suspension swap to put on my EP3 once it warms up. The pads and rotors are good now but I want to get a jump on finding replacements.

I have been told and will confirm once I take everything apart that the pads are the same as the Nissan 350Z with Track Package or the Infinity G35 with Brembos. These pads are different from the rest of the pads Honda/Acura offer. The have two holes on the outer edge of the pad where a post goes through them.

Rotors we are a little less lucky. I have not been able to find any rotor from another Honda/Acura vehicle that is the same as the DC5R rotor. It may be unique to the Brembo kit. People have told me that KingMotorsports, J's Garage, and OPAK Racing can get them, but I haven't even called in fear of the price. I emailed FastBrakes and they told me they have not been able to find a matching domestic rotor. They make custom 2 piece rotors for the application that are $520 for the front set. I will spend some more time at my local parts store once I get the rotors off trying to find a set that works but I'm not optimistic. I will most likely source a set from the importer that got me the suspension.

Yes the axles are longer. Should be 7.5mm on each side since the track of the car is 15mm wider. I'm getting the axles with my swap and will probably look to source an extra set later in the year.

· Registered
17 Posts
http://www.tirerack.com/brakes/resu...002&autoModClar=&brand=&category=BigBrakeKits

might want to look at that if your thinking about doing a conversion. the rotors are much lighter and bigger then your stock setup..plus the r&d is already done for you and no need to mess with anything..
Yea but for $300 less than that shipped I got all 4 corners of the suspension with almost new pads and rotors, DC5R wheels with almost new tires, Front lower control arms, axles, and F&R sway bars.

All I need are some new tie rod ends, sway bar end links, and to make sure the brake brake lines on my car are long enough cause they cut the swap ones.

I'm in for a set of front rotors if there is a group buy. Hopefully the price is better than what I've found so far. The rest of the parts can be sourced domestically.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.