Honda / Acura K20a K24a Engine Forum banner

61 - 73 of 73 Posts

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #61
Also been trying to replicate something like the golden eagle Rear bumper vents to help let the trapped air escape
from the back bumper. I've only made a template from paper at the minute of what it should be like to try it on.

The bumpers only sitting on there and the same with the template so its not 100% right bnut you get the idea i guess :lol: you can see the piece ive cut from the rear bumper pretty well in the last pic. Left the center bit alone as it meets the boot floor pretty flush so didnt see the advantage there. Just need to get material to make the vents out of and go crazy cutting it out and holes in the bumper

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #62
Well got couple of pieces of alloy so marked them out

I cut them out and then drilled in place to the bumper.

Once I had it located on the bumper I marked the piece of bumper to be cut out and then it was air hacksaw time
:lol:

And the left over bits :D

This is how it looks now, just need to paint the metal vent and pop them on

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #63
We'll I got everything trimmed and drilled the way I wanted it today, was originally gonna paint them black but friend of mine suggested just clear coating the metal.
So I just gave the metal a rub up with fine emery and lacquered them and popped them on
This is how it looks now

Forgive the light and trim panel still off, waiting to sort out my exhaust before I put rear bumper, trim and light back in

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #66
Some fresh rubber

We'll after making the 3" exhaust system and getting it all together I got the car final mapped ready for the season ahead, few small things to do and were ready to rock this Sat.

Pic of dyno graph

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #67
Video of race 1 where I had the big slide which retired me due to steering being off.
I qualified 5th overall and 4th in class. The Ginetta at the front of the grid is in a different class in case your wondering :lol: and theres a gap infront of me because one of the cars had a gearbox failure.
Please be kind first race of the year after about 6 months off and I am no pro, :oops:
Will try load vid 2 tomorrow

http://youtu.be/pf5L-O6AIWc

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #68
Well survived another race weekend :lol:

We had two 15 minute qualifying sessions, a 20 minute and a 15 minute race.

Qualy 1:
First qualifying a went terrible, I decided I would start easy and just build up the pace in it to get my confidence back and next thing I knew the chequered flag was out :oops: so that put me 8th on the grid, 7th in class, with a time of 1:06.8 for the start of race 1 which was miles off the pace.

Qualy 2:
I knew I had to push a bit harder now, confidence in the car was up a bit so I did push it a bit harder and did a better time of 1:05.5 I think it was but everyone else upped there game as I ended up 9th on the grid this time, still 7th in class tho :?

Race 1:
Well i started the race hoping the cars around me would bring me up to speed a bit, and it seemed to work. Not sure if its the added pressure or you just get your head in the game more. took me a couple of laps to get into it fully, made couple mistakes and people got past me and away from me when I would have liked to have held on to them, but I had a great race with Richie in a 3.2 M3, good hard clean racing. Ended up 7th overall and 5th in class with new PB of 1:04.489 which I never expected so things were looking up for a change :)

Race 2:
Only had half an hour until the second race so it was pretty much refuel and run to the loo and back out lol,
Plan was to just get off the line well and try get into the pack the first few laps and hang on, after a couple of laps and bit of back and forth place swapping I somehow got into 4th in class behind Davy's 3.2 supercharged BMW, had a really good battle with him. I was holding on in the bends where he couldn't use all his power, getting smoked on the straights and trying to catch him up again. Its the hardest ive ever had to drive, had a 2.3 DC5 integra and Ritchie in the 3.2 M3 breathing down my neck the whole time so to say I was under pressure is an understatement :lol:
I made mistakes and still just didn't have the confidence around the first corner, debtors which is long left hander about 120mph prob more if you've have the swingers :twisted: , after my spin there at the last meeting so was still short shifting and lifting just before it so if I could have driven harder I might have snatched another place but finished 4th in class and 6th overall in the race. I know I know its all excuses :? :lol:

Had a really enjoyable weekend all in all, there are some great drivers in my class and some beautiful cars, 2.0T leon Suercopa, 2.0T Evo, 3.0 M3, 3.2 supercharged BMW, 2x 2.3 DC5 Honda Integra's to name a few so am pleased to be racing with them, im learning everytime im out so hopefully we can continue to have fun and a few good results.

Im trying to upload videos at the moment so will put up the links when its all sorted

·
Registered
1 Posts
Where did you get your ap brakes from, all I can find are 330mm discs for 17" wheels I want to run 16" thanks. don't worry just noticed the last post was 2013.

61 - 73 of 73 Posts