Honda / Acura K20a K24a Engine Forum banner

41 - 60 of 73 Posts

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #41
Are you experiencing the under steer with 0 toe at low speed turns or high speed turns? I was having high speed turn oversteer [over 70 mph] with "toe out (negative toe)" but the car loved the tighter turns..
The rear of your car could be the solution to your under steer...
If it isnt rotating out due to lack of weight transfer or could be too stiff .. How do the tires look on the front and rear?? Are u wearing out the outside edges or even getting into the sidewall? That is a good indication of how your set up on the car is working
Slower speed its fine its just when im trying to hold more corner speed that the car pushed the nose. i wouldnt be wearing the outside edges of my rears it would be pretty even the fronts wear the insides a little more. I was thinking that maybe i needed to run the rear slighty harder again to help turn it in or change toe on the rear?

·
Registered
188 Posts
Slower speed its fine its just when im trying to hold more corner speed that the car pushed the nose. i wouldnt be wearing the outside edges of my rears it would be pretty even the fronts wear the insides a little more. I was thinking that maybe i needed to run the rear slighty harder again to help turn it in or change toe on the rear?
It's best to leave the toe in the rear at zero if you can so the tires don't "scrub" against the pavement when going straight.. Helps the slicks not to wear out faster than they already do :up:
If your car needs more bite in the front then maybe u do need to keep the toe "out" a little bit.. U can try to soften the front dampers and I've even heard of some people removing the rear sway bar to allow the rear to rotate better but they only did that when they had over 12k (620lb) rear springs
Make one adjustment at a time and see what happens.. I've even seen great results by raising or lowering tire pressures to get a car over or under steer

·
Registered
188 Posts
Nice Rob!
Can you get any video of it on the track??
I must have looked at the picks of your cage like 50 times to get an idea how I want to run the cage in my tegg :shades:
Thanx for posting on here!!

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #45
Nice Rob!
Can you get any video of it on the track??
I must have looked at the picks of your cage like 50 times to get an idea how I want to run the cage in my tegg :shades:
Thanx for posting on here!!
I must see if I can borrow my mates camera for this weekend and get some footage. Are there any pics of the cage you want to help you?

·
Registered
188 Posts
I must see if I can borrow my mates camera for this weekend and get some footage. Are there any pics of the cage you want to help you?
Deffinetly try to get some vid of the race sir :up:
I would like to see the front dash bars from dash to main hoop!!
Did you put any plate steel on the front and rear strut towers to moot the bars to?

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #47
Deffinetly try to get some vid of the race sir :up:
I would like to see the front dash bars from dash to main hoop!!
Did you put any plate steel on the front and rear strut towers to moot the bars to?
Il take some pictures for your or see if I have any. Yea there's plates go between the cage and the front and rear struts. They came with my cage kit

·
Registered
188 Posts
Thanx Rob :up:
Ive found A lot of cages that have the dash bars welded to a "roof hoop" then welded to the main hoop.. I'm thinking it would be better to run the dash bars from floor to main hoop?

Hope all goes well this weekend for ya!!

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #50
Thanx Rob :up:
Ive found A lot of cages that have the dash bars welded to a "roof hoop" then welded to the main hoop.. I'm thinking it would be better to run the dash bars from floor to main hoop?

Hope all goes well this weekend for ya!!

My cage was bought from Custom Cages you can get the drawing from there website if it's any good in the mean time.

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #56
Any updates? How's the car performing for you?
Car went real well the last race day, was back down the times as well.
found a forged K20 for sale there so i have now sold the original engine and this other one bolted in lol just needs mapped! Whats your opinion on the 3" exhaust systems buddy, Wondering if its worth trying to get one made, would it give much more power froma 2.5" system?
Also i have to keep below 110db limit which im worried about the 3" putting me above!!

·
Registered
59 Posts
Hi Robbi

where is Jonny Law based, does he do road car work too, hard to pay etc?

when are you next on track locally, would love to see this in action

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #58
Hi Robbi

where is Jonny Law based, does he do road car work too, hard to pay etc?

when are you next on track locally, would love to see this in action
Hi, sorry for the very late reply. Jonny is based in Ballymena and can do road car work no problem. You interested in getting something done?

Everything had stopped for the winter, i hopefully should be starting back by doing a sprint at kirkistown on the 23rd of March as a warm up then the first race meeting is on the 6th of April. If you go onto the ANICC website it gives you dates for all car motorsport during the year. And if your down some day come over and say hello :wave:

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #60
Havent updated in ages on here!

Been doing a few mods on rear bumper, trimmed part of the bottom of the rear bumper away to let the air escape a bit easier i hope lol. Not sure if you'll be able to notice from this picture

Also de-stickered the car and polished it up, Hopefully get some new graphics sorted out for this year

41 - 60 of 73 Posts