Honda / Acura K20a K24a Engine Forum banner

21 - 40 of 73 Posts

·
Registered
188 Posts
Great to see the car is back on the track:up:
What are the specs of the car now that it's Kpwered?
Did u change any chassis parts along with the swap or did u leave that alone because it ran great with the B series?

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #23
Nice dude! Got any videos?
Great to see the car is back on the track:up:
What are the specs of the car now that it's Kpwered?
Did u change any chassis parts along with the swap or did u leave that alone because it ran great with the B series?
Your not the only one glad to see it back out, its depressing working at it all the time and not driving it :(
The engine is just standard with ACL bearings and ARP headstuds with a Skunk 2 inlet, 70mm TB and Hybrid Racing Mani.
i had to replace front LCA bushes as they were wore out and fitted roll center adjusters but not sure if they have helped me out at all!!

·
Registered
59 Posts
Hi Robby

Another local :) loving both cars pal, I believe a friend of mine, steven Toner owned that DC2 at some stage before you judging my the alloys that were on it.

Look forward to reading more

Stephen

·
Registered
188 Posts
Your not the only one glad to see it back out, its depressing working at it all the time and not driving it :(
The engine is just standard with ACL bearings and ARP headstuds with a Skunk 2 inlet, 70mm TB and Hybrid Racing Mani.
i had to replace front LCA bushes as they were wore out and fitted roll center adjusters but not sure if they have helped me out at all!!
The specs Im curious about are the spring rates on your suspension, wheel alignment angles and what tires you run:up:
I'm working on my DC2 chasis set up currently for some track days this summer and always like to hear what other cars are running
Thanks in advance for any info:up:

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #27
The specs Im curious about are the spring rates on your suspension, wheel alignment angles and what tires you run:up:
I'm working on my DC2 chasis set up currently for some track days this summer and always like to hear what other cars are running
Thanks in advance for any info:up:
Ah with you now dude. i will give you what i have been using so far.

Been using Cusco coilovers but i have changed springs from a race manufacturer than came in them standard. Originally the shocks came with 350lb springs in the rear and 500lb springs in the front. These were to soft and was alowing to much body roll. It put the 500lb springs in the rear and put 750lb spings in the front. I also fitted a whiteline adjustable rear ARB to eliminate body roll as well. think i was running about 2mm toe out on the front at each side and 0 toe at the back. I wasnt using adjustable camber arms on front so far so car was around 2.5 degrees i think just the way it sat.

·
Registered
188 Posts
Thanx for the info! My DC2 currently has 780lb (14kg) springs front and 560lb (10kg) rear with 3 degrees camber front 2.5 rear. The race tracks I run at have some great technical tight turns so I always ask for set up info from other drivers to make sure I don't make a wrong adjustment:up:
Besides the full cage u have in your car, my car will be set up similarly and that is good to know that I'm heading in a good direction:)
Keep the progress posted!!

Also I think the roll center adjusters only work on very low ride height cars to get the front lower control arms back to parrallel with ground
If your front arms are already parallel then they don't help at all..

·
Premium Member
5,232 Posts
car looks really good dude! i love that flocked dash :) looked into it a while ago, but couldn't find anywhere around here that did it.

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #31
Thanx for the info! My DC2 currently has 780lb (14kg) springs front and 560lb (10kg) rear with 3 degrees camber front 2.5 rear. The race tracks I run at have some great technical tight turns so I always ask for set up info from other drivers to make sure I don't make a wrong adjustment:up:
Besides the full cage u have in your car, my car will be set up similarly and that is good to know that I'm heading in a good direction:)
Keep the progress posted!!

Also I think the roll center adjusters only work on very low ride height cars to get the front lower control arms back to parrallel with ground
If your front arms are already parallel then they don't help at all..
How do you find yours handling wise? Im not totally happy with mine yet if im honest

·
Registered
188 Posts
My car right now with the brand new Toyo R888 tires (225/45 15) front and (205/50 15) rear and the suspension set up like yours is very fast around tight turns/ 40-55 mph speed/ and feels like it has some over steer which is great but on long off camber sweeping turns the rear will step out a bit. The steering on my car is soooo sensitive that it is taking some getting use to on the faster turns.. I'm looking into getting more aero with a front splitter and larger rear wing to correct the higher speed over steer.. The company I'm purchasing these parts states I will also need to raise my spring rates to 18k front and 14k rear due to the added downforce! I'm looking forward to see the difference in handling their parts will make

What does your car feel like? Over steer. Neutral. Or under steer?

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #35
My car right now with the brand new Toyo R888 tires (225/45 15) front and (205/50 15) rear and the suspension set up like yours is very fast around tight turns/ 40-55 mph speed/ and feels like it has some over steer which is great but on long off camber sweeping turns the rear will step out a bit. The steering on my car is soooo sensitive that it is taking some getting use to on the faster turns.. I'm looking into getting more aero with a front splitter and larger rear wing to correct the higher speed over steer.. The company I'm purchasing these parts states I will also need to raise my spring rates to 18k front and 14k rear due to the added downforce! I'm looking forward to see the difference in handling their parts will make

What does your car feel like? Over steer. Neutral. Or under steer?
My car was always quite neutral/leading to understeer when i was running about 2.5 degree camber on front and 3 degrees on the rear but i have now put the front camber to 3.5 degrees and pulled the back to 2 degrees and its now has a bit more oversteer which helps with the turns. What toe do you run? I am 0 at teh back and roughly 2mm out at each side on the front?

·
Registered
188 Posts
My car was always quite neutral/leading to understeer when i was running about 2.5 degree camber on front and 3 degrees on the rear but i have now put the front camber to 3.5 degrees and pulled the back to 2 degrees and its now has a bit more oversteer which helps with the turns. What toe do you run? I am 0 at teh back and roughly 2mm out at each side on the front?
I run 0' front and rear... When I ran toe out or negative toe in the front the car had toooooo much oversteer.. The car would turn great on the hair pin corners with toe out but would drift out on the shicanes so I put it back to zero front and rear.. Try zero and see how that works and then play with the rear shock comp/rebound firmness to fine tune the oversteer!
Great to hear from ya too :up:

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #38
I run 0' front and rear... When I ran toe out or negative toe in the front the car had toooooo much oversteer.. The car would turn great on the hair pin corners with toe out but would drift out on the shicanes so I put it back to zero front and rear.. Try zero and see how that works and then play with the rear shock comp/rebound firmness to fine tune the oversteer!
Great to hear from ya too :up:
Thats interesting, when i run less toe out on the front i get bad understeer.
Im running Full Dunlop racing slicks so unless thats where the difference is coming from.

·
Registered
188 Posts
Thats interesting, when i run less toe out on the front i get bad understeer.
Im running Full Dunlop racing slicks so unless thats where the difference is coming from.
Are you experiencing the under steer with 0 toe at low speed turns or high speed turns? I was having high speed turn oversteer [over 70 mph] with "toe out (negative toe)" but the car loved the tighter turns..
The rear of your car could be the solution to your under steer...
If it isnt rotating out due to lack of weight transfer or could be too stiff .. How do the tires look on the front and rear?? Are u wearing out the outside edges or even getting into the sidewall? That is a good indication of how your set up on the car is working

21 - 40 of 73 Posts