Honda / Acura K20a K24a Engine Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i might be picking up dc5r cams for decent price, and i ran into a question, should i pay the extra and pick up the bc stg2 or stick with the dc5r cams? if the gains between two are not too much different, i might be picking it up. and should i upgrade the springs retainers and such if i pick up the dc5r cams? i've tried search buttons, and couldnt find any compairsons between the two. thanks for ur inputs o and how do i know if its dc5r cams?? not the 05-06 rsx-s or tsx?? heard they all look very similar. groove mark on the pulsate something is the only way? thanks for ur inputs

·
Registered
294 Posts
what motor are these going in? what does your set-up consist of?

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
04 type s rbc cai/2.5"rh/2.5"custom ex. Kpro Rdx injector

·
Registered
294 Posts
overall there is more power to be had with the bc3's. they will have more mid-range power and torque and will make more power than the itr's will. hard to say how much more due to several diff conditions and factors. ive seen type s motors make anywhere from 200-225. on the other hand ive seen bc3's make around 245-250 depending on mods and of coarse conditions. its all on what you want to do with the motor. as for the cam markings to distinguish itr cams from others i am searching still, when i get some info ill post a link :up:

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
thanks. With my mods itr cams or bc stg2... Think I'll see whole lota differences??

·
Registered
294 Posts
with a good tune i do think you will see a significant gain over stosk itr cams :up:

1 - 6 of 6 Posts