Honda / Acura K20a K24a Engine Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
I would think the downlow would be fine. Just don't step on the throttle and open the plates all the way up. ITB's should be superior to a regular manifold style since it always gives a more accurate amount of needed air.

·
Premium Member
7,171 Posts
I am thinking about going with ITB's on the K24a2 just so that I don't havbe to really deal with the manifold coolant passage issue and throttle body issue. Not that this would be any easier but it would definetly produce better results...

:cool:

·
Registered
191 Posts
i'v been running them on the street for years, you'll for get you have them after a while. once you get them dialed in they drive like stock. o'h and the low-end power will increase not suffer..

·
Resident Journalist
501 Posts
i finally got mine dynoed and wired up correctly.... yeah, the linkage kinda makes teh throttle stick or something... i would start up the motor, it would stay at around 1500-2000 RPM. and then when you tap of hte gas, it idles at 3000-3500 rpms...... hey, you guys with the ITB's, i noticed yesterday during the tune that the throttle plates do not open up completely, and each individual throttle plate is not fully opened more than some others.... the throttle would open up probably about 85% at full throttle, so we adjusted the linkage.... from just that single adustment, we gained 6 wheel horsepower............ imagine if we finally tuned each individual throttle plate........... i think we will do this once we get in cams, pistons, rods, head porting, oh and most importantly headers !!!

·
Premium Member
7,171 Posts
nikos said:
SHow us the top secret pics Alex!!! :p
Yah, lets see them...

oh and by the way, you only have one header :dance:

·
Registered
191 Posts
z10 said:
can you elaborate "dial in"?

by dialed in i mean getting the air/fuel and ignition all worked out. i'v noticed nine out of ten times when it's sluggish at low rpms it's a timming problom.

hope that helps...

·
Resident Journalist
501 Posts

after this weekend when i stop cramming in all the work for teh car, i will post up the dyno charts... you guys will be amazed at what a stock type s motor can do !!!!!!!!! 242 hp to the wheels with stock motor with just iTB's with teh DC TSX headers..........

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.