Honda / Acura K20a K24a Engine Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts

·
Registered
433 Posts
Is this stuff vacuum bagged or did you use a hand laid wet layup process? Were the horns made out of two piece molds and modeled from metal horns or foam? Are you actually pulling a vac. signal from the manifold (I noticed ports on the bottom but no throttle plate at the inlet of the manifold...confused there) or do you just use it as a method to filter the ITB's?

·
Registered
191 Posts
it looks like standard prepreg piece(realy cost effective and light weight). you would have to use a two pice mold for the horns too. if it is a one piece horn. i belive the rail on top is actualy the vacume rail and the fuel rail in on the botom. it is indeed a beautiful unit.

·
Registered
433 Posts
I was originally thinkin prepreg but the flatness could be from sanded wet layup material. Plus given the flat panel'd nature of the unit it seemed that it was approached how I approach things by doing wet layup. If I had prepreg and autoclave capabilities I would've made it different. No offense toward what you have, its awesome for sure..i just wanted to be clear. Also, I have made horns from foam plugs before then melted the foam, just wondering if he made actual molds or 1 off plugs.

·
Registered
420 Posts
CF is all vacume formed pre-peg, this is not my subject, but if you want to know any more I can ask the guys that make them.

you are right that the vac rail os what is show on top, this is used for the IACV, canniser purge valve, and brake booster vacume (the latter two I am not using).

the fuel rail is under the bodies and it's the std rail.

MAP is located seperately to prevent any corruption of the signal from other items.

Booked dyno for Monday for mapping/benchmarking, so should have something sencible to say after then.

·
Registered
433 Posts
Thanks scuffers..just wondering how those were made. I make alot of custom carbon fiber pieces...have been for about two years, and I just thought you made them as a one off. Just trying to gain some ideas or something.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.