Honda / Acura K20a K24a Engine Forum banner

1 - 20 of 42 Posts

·
Registered
15,814 Posts
I just called TWM... They have k20a ITBs.. Problem is they will not fit stock hoods... They might develop them though :p (they did tell me somone used them on their civic after cutting holes on the hood. For a drag setup it will work of course.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
damn...those are hot! how much they retail? which ones are k20eg using?

10seceg: im not the same uncle ben...

·
Registered
15,814 Posts
Uncle Ben said:

k20EG is using modified B16 50mm ones... He had to make them shorter in order to fit...

The ITB kit includes, the throttle bodies, the fuel rail, all bacles and bots needed and it is only missing the stock injectors....

It retails for $1999. I am planning to sell those of k20a.org. Im me for details :)

·
Registered
9 Posts
Uncle Ben said:

its cool...theres just an uncle ben's racing from Honda-tech and i fig. you were the same guy

·
Registered
191 Posts
joestypes said:
ITBs are over-rated....fastest honda uses single plenum
leslie durst runs them and she's the fastest. o'h and all ten of the fastest run them except eric.

·
Registered
1 Posts
nikos said:
[
k20EG is using modified B16 50mm ones... He had to make them shorter in order to fit...

how can he be using b series itb's..without welding on a new flange? i noticed he just redrilled/slotted the holes.

looks like h22a itb's to me, h and k have the same bore centers.

·
Registered
15,814 Posts
TECH43RACING said:
nikos said:
[

how can he be using b series itb's..without welding on a new flange? i noticed he just redrilled/slotted the holes.

looks like h22a itb's to me, h and k have the same bore centers.
I think that is what he wrote a while back

·
Registered
32 Posts
K20 ITB Kit

Guys have you seen Norris new DVS sponsored Insight with the K20 motor? He is using the TWM Induction ITB kit that R&D dyno put together for Norris.
nikos said:
I just called TWM... They have k20a ITBs.. Problem is they will not fit stock hoods... They might develop them though :p (they did tell me somone used them on their civic after cutting holes on the hood. For a drag setup it will work of course.

·
Banned
320 Posts
sure they can if you have them tuned really well they will run just as well as a single plenum. Might want to build an airbox so you can run a filter tho.

·
Registered
46 Posts
It all depends on your engine tuner. Some tuners perfer Itb's and some like single plenum. With a plenum, you can get mutiple resonance frequencies with your intake. If you add a filter airbox with cold air intake onto an ITB to simulate this effect, youve just made a very expensive plenum intake with different vacume properties. I would think the ITB would have better throttle response, but that is not always the case. All of your intake and exhaust parts must be carfully matched with your cams to attain the desired response and tourque curve. The other thing with ITB's is there need for high pressure air. The way that CRX feeds them from the hood is not such a good idea. The top of your hood is a very low pressure area at speed (for the same reason that airplanes can fly, the movement of air over the wing causes lower pressure on top, lifting it from below).

·
Premium Member
456 Posts
94EG said:
It all depends on your engine tuner. Some tuners perfer Itb's and some like single plenum. With a plenum, you can get mutiple resonance frequencies with your intake. If you add a filter airbox with cold air intake onto an ITB to simulate this effect, youve just made a very expensive plenum intake with different vacume properties. I would think the ITB would have better throttle response, but that is not always the case. All of your intake and exhaust parts must be carfully matched with your cams to attain the desired response and tourque curve. The other thing with ITB's is there need for high pressure air. The way that CRX feeds them from the hood is not such a good idea. The top of your hood is a very low pressure area at speed (for the same reason that airplanes can fly, the movement of air over the wing causes lower pressure on top, lifting it from below).
ITB's are always better than single plenum, equal lenght, more response, more HP and torque.
Thats what I would want.

TODA k20 ITB has a carbon plenum it.

·
Registered
46 Posts
C-Zero said:
ITB's are always better than single plenum, equal lenght, more response, more HP and torque.
Thats what I would want.

TODA k20 ITB has a carbon plenum it.
Thats not true... I've already explainded.

1 - 20 of 42 Posts