Honda / Acura K20a K24a Engine Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ok well about to throw the k20 into my eg, iam purchasing some itbs, my questions is what fab is requiered to make them fit with the vis cf oem hood? did twm make the itbs so they will fit under the hood? if not anyone kno when there gonna come out with ones that do fit? cause iam not about to drill a square into my hood cause thats just wrong...... and my second question is is anyone fabricating any airboxes to run with the itb set up? like the skunk2 airbox?

·
Registered
565 Posts
I should be able to tell you about the clearance on the hood by the end of next week... I will also be making an airbox, similair to the Skunk 2 and the Accord touring car set-ups for my car... Hopefully it works well...
You might be able to clear the hood if you run a really short trumpet....

·
Banned
1,180 Posts
Can we get some pics of the skunk 2 airbox for the itb's????

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
how can i run short trumpets? does twm have them? or do u need to personally fab them to fit?........... yeah i need to make an airbox similar to the skunk 2 one as well, do to the fact the itbs sit up front and iam not tryin to get the world sucked up into my engine......... i wonder who made skunk2 airbox, htat looks like blaack tape up top but that box looks clean

·
Registered
565 Posts
TWM produce them with the short trumpets on them, I am going to try tuning mine with different lengthed trumpets to see what power difference they make..
The skunk 2 airbox looks like fibreglass so it will be custom made... Would be to hard to make for a different car, you just need some of the fibreglass's polystyrene and make the shape then the just lay the glass around it and then melt the poly out.. I'd be interested in seeing how it is attached to the ITB's (other than the tape)..

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
keep me informed on how the itb tuning comes out, i been hearing that with the hondata they dont work to well with itbs, iam not sure if thats tru since everyone is using a k-pro to do the swap, but i would like to see what kinda numbers people gettin with the short stack and long stack..... my bro has a set of twm short stack 50mm on his b series, its for drag and thats the reason he went with the short stack...... i heard the longer stack usually makes better mid to top end power for track use and thats the kinda numbers and set up iam going for with the k swap....... the airbox iam gonna try to fab one up my self i will take some pics and let everyone kno how it works out...... peace

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.