Honda / Acura K20a K24a Engine Forum banner
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
219 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I was wondering how you guys with ITB's get around the bracket located that holds on the alternator and the water pump etc? I was trying ot mock up the itb's and it does not fit? is there something I am missing because I know you guys use twm itbs like me. I dont want to do a hack job but If I gots to then well haha I gots to...........Thanks for the help you guys? :up:

·
Registered
393 Posts
Check this out. I'm not too sure since you're using TWM's. This was made for Jenvey ITB's.

·
Banned
15,812 Posts
yeah, you just need to cut that bracket off and run the 3 pulley setup

AEM pulley pt# 23-7032 (alternator pulley only)

with k20a2 crank pulley you need a POLY COG 5070390 found at advanceautoparts or kragen

but you cut off the pulley bracket used for the tensioner

·
Resident Journalist
501 Posts
hey whats up man.... i have done a few of these for the k20, let me know and i can come over and help you out, or you can even bring over to my house and i can show you how to make it work perfectly....im in the OC

·
Registered
219 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
2fastxeg said:
hey whats up man.... i have done a few of these for the k20, let me know and i can come over and help you out, or you can even bring over to my house and i can show you how to make it work perfectly....im in the OC

Thanks you guys for alll the help I was sitting there looking at it, and I was like WTH, but it never dawned on me it wouldn't fit......... you guys are a bunch of help and I am really at aww with the amount of info and help you guys are willing to give. :up:

I will pm you guys as I am checking this before I gots to go to work.........

·
Registered
110 Posts
Calling NIKOS

hi Nikos

need a little extra help here - and i'm sure it will be useful to others out there

i spoke to Jorji at AEM today to try to find where i could get the 23-7032 part from - as the delaers i tried dd not recognise it.

he tells me they have never made that part! - its not a production item -
i told him somewone i know has one fitted and it looks fine - and he sent me back to check the part number with them/you

can you help / double check for me

many many thanks

garz

nikos said:
yeah, you just need to cut that bracket off and run the 3 pulley setup

AEM pulley pt# 23-7032 (alternator pulley only)

with k20a2 crank pulley you need a POLY COG 5070390 found at advanceautoparts or kragen

but you cut off the pulley bracket used for the tensioner

·
Banned
15,812 Posts
Re: Calling NIKOS

AEM sells a pulley KIT for the rsx that has 2 pulleys. They also made a kit of the EP3 that has only the alternator pulley.

Do a search on google for 23-7032 and you will see it... Maybe they never actually made it? Who knows. For the k20a in the pic, we used the rsx pulley kit but that means that we are stuck with a second pulley that we cannot use.

The part number for the type s is Manuf. Part #: 23-7031 but it is like $160..

I really do not get it... how import shops online are claiming to be able to sell 23-7032 but AEM says they don;'t know what that's about?

Weird..

·
Registered
110 Posts
ok nikos - thanks for the rapid post

at least i understand a bit better

i might send them your info and see what comes back

or - once i have a lathe set up - start making them - just a little larger to solve the belt wear issue

thanks garz

·
Registered
972 Posts
o you can be cheap like me and not use the aem pulley and just go buy a shorter belt. works fine for me :)

chad

·
Registered
110 Posts
Hi Nikos

no reply from AEM as yet - no great suprise - eh

but would you do me a favour and check a couple of things for me

was that a JDM spec K20a with a denso alternator that the AEM rsx type s pulley fitted just fine

reason for asking is that AEM dont have any info on what pulley should fit a JDM motor - so thought worth checking before i orderone - mine has a denso alternator - what was on the one in the Pic?

thanks a lot

·
Registered
3,778 Posts
I already have the pulley. I bought it for an ep3. My buddy wanted one and eeveryone keeps telling him that its not available or in production. even called AEM and they said they didnt make an ep3 kit??? I bought one what tha??

·
Registered
110 Posts
chad - can you post a photo of what you did?

i thought you need the larger alternator pulley to allow the belt to clear the waterpump pulley

be very interested if you have another way - as getting the correct pulley is turning out to be bit of PITA

cheers

garz

·
Registered
972 Posts
well i dont have a pic of it and cant take one because motor is apart because im running a k24 bottom end now so we are putting it together. i just ran the waterpump pulley in between the belt. like i had one side of the belt on top and the other side on bottom. if you make it tight enough then it works fine. You dont have to worry bout it.

chad

1 - 20 of 27 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.