Honda / Acura K20a K24a Engine Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
748 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
are all eagle k24 rods, machined the same size? on the big end? cause i have a B "labelled" crank on the rod journal, and i tried, browns/greens/yellows/ and can't get the right clearance i'm still around 0.001 the crank is new.

anybody ? torquing at 75lbs on molly. no oil or anything dry surfaces.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Have you measured up the big end yet? I measured some Eagle's a while ago and the small ends where way out as was the wheight difference..

Marc

·
Registered
447 Posts
are all eagle k24 rods, machined the same size? on the big end? cause i have a B "labelled" crank on the rod journal, and i tried, browns/greens/yellows/ and can't get the right clearance i'm still around 0.001 the crank is new.

anybody ? torquing at 75lbs on molly. no oil or anything dry surfaces.
75ftlbs????? why so much? Steel Rods we torque to 45-50ftlbs. Whose rods are you using ?

·
Registered
81 Posts
If you torqued 3/8" rod bolts to 75ftlbs, you'd better be looking for some replacements, because now they're stretched to a point where they're worthless.....

·
Registered
748 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
thanks larry...

I figured something was off on the torque when the bearings weren't getting me the specs.. lol I always double check everything, oddly enough sometimes you allready know the problem.. but can't figure it out.. lol , couple hours sleep a night, for the last few weeks has been rough. lol, trying to get to many things out lead to small miss-calculations on rod bolt sizes.. lol. that's why i locked up shop and left, after trying 3 times, i only used one set of bolts.. easy to get new ones.. i'll tackle this tomorow ;)

thanx guys.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts