Honda / Acura K20a K24a Engine Forum banner
1 - 20 of 88 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
A while ago we (AEM Electronics) did a custom ECU for Hasport's V6 civic swap. We are now in a position to maybe do something more formally for this app.

• M/T only
  • USB connection
  • 1MB internal logging
  • Idle control
  • Nitrous control
  • Knock control
  • 2-step launch control
  • Shift cut (shift without lift)
  • Boost contol
  • PnP to the 1998-2000 Accord V6 wiring harness
  • + All the other normal AEM EMS features
  • Street price in the $1,300 range.

I didn't figure there would be many swaps out there but there seems to be quite a few now. What are you guys doing for fuel & ignition?

Is this a product that is needed?

Thoughts?

(EDIT) I joined this site a year ago and this is finally my first post.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Well, thats nice to know ( :) ) but I'm not here trying to hawk them, I'm more interested in figuring out if this is a needed part and worth the required effort to roll it out.

What do people use now?

·
Registered
630 Posts
i ill buy one today also if they were ready

·
Registered
59 Posts
im using the stock ecu because a universal aem ems is more then the cost of the swap.

Another local j swap here is using DTA standalone.

I would buy one.

·
Registered
256 Posts
Please,please,please,please,please make this.

If it wouldn't be too much trouble would you be willing to make a seperate PnP harness for the 03 CL Type-S? Many people (including myself) on AcuraZine have reached the limit of what the stock ECU can do. There are quite a few turbo'd as well as SC'd CLs running around as well and the eManage Blue (the only thing that seems to work in unison with the stock ECU) can only do so much.

:up:

·
Premium Member
1,027 Posts
I didn't figure there would be many swaps out there but there seems to be quite a few now. What are you guys doing for fuel & ignition?

Is this a product that is needed?

Thoughts?

(EDIT) I joined this site a year ago and this is finally my first post.
One more thing other than how many swaps are out there is that there are tons of guys with CL's and TL's out there that don't have shit to work with, So you wouldn't JUST be catering to the swap side of if, but the factory cars that are running piggyback BS because there is nothing to use thats worth a damn....So yea, this is a needed product:up:

·
Registered
256 Posts
One more thing other than how many swaps are out there is that there are tons of guys with CL's and TL's out there that don't have shit to work with, So you wouldn't JUST be catering to the swap side of if, but the factory cars that are running piggyback BS because there is nothing to use thats worth a damn....So yea, this is a needed product:up:
x2.

You could start feeler thread on AcuraZine and you'd have at the very least 10 people on the 2nd gen CL side that would order it right now. Thats not including the more popular TL side.

Everyone who has a Supercharged car over there is basically limited to 7psi of boost because anymore and the computer freaks out. Please get this to market.

·
Registered
165 Posts
i know a couple of tl owners whom wish:cry: they could tune their cars, like the already swapped cars.

Plus the "honda" community is waiting for the next big thing no matter what it is.
V6 is the next big step for some of us waitting and wanting this product.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I want one, Im starting a long term build. Seriously considering building an OEM high compression stroker engine. This would make tuning much easier. Would it have the ability to control the IAB motor? I want to stay N/A.

1 - 20 of 88 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.