Honda / Acura K20a K24a Engine Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
176 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ok i was reading an article about the tsx, it had said that it had a really short throw arm on it, now never drivin neither a rsx, rsx types, or tsx i dont know the differnece on throws, or if u can even swap the tsx shifter base into a eg/ek but its like 10 dollars more then the rsx base and 10 less then the types, so its an option if it is shorter in throw then the others was just curious and thought i would bring it up

Thanks Dave

·
F1 Junky
2,017 Posts
I believe that the TSX shifter works differently than the RSX piece. In the design one pushes the cable where the other one pulls. I haven't seen this personally, just from what I've read on here. Maybe some one else can chime in on this. . .

·
Premium Member
1,543 Posts
I'm not sure which shifter box the TSX uses, but I believe its exactly like the 98-01 prelude shifter box which do have a shorter shift lever and angles toward the driver as seen here:

Luckily, I had access to a prelude & RSX shifter box for my install. I carefully extracted the Prelude shift lever (which was a real BIIIITCH) and installed it into the RSX box.

(RSX left / Prelude right)

..its too bad Honda doesn't sell the shifter levers seperately from the boxes :(

·
Registered
116 Posts

this is the accord euro r/tsx change lever box but with spoons modified straight and shorter throw change lever.

·
Registered
176 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
ok so, the tsx box would work, becuz for 10 less then a brand new type s with shorter throw then i think i might get that then.

·
Premium Member
1,543 Posts
duckmanEG said:
ok so, the tsx box would work, becuz for 10 less then a brand new type s with shorter throw then i think i might get that then.

NO NO - You can't use this particular accord/tsx shifter box in a EG/EK/DC2 swap (unless you use a TSX tranny). I already researched this (with brian G's help) and this particular shifter box operates the cables backwards; when shifting fwd the cable moves back instead of fwd like its suppose to be with an RSX shifter box.

If you take a look at the levers I posted above, see how the shifter cable bracket is located ABOVE the pivot ball? well, the accord box mounts the cable bracket below the pivot ball right at the bottom of the shift lever:

The CRV shifter box operates the same way as this accord box too:

·
Registered
176 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
ook gotcha now, ok thanks. sorry i was a little confused.

·
Premium Member
7,171 Posts
TSX motor, tranny, and shifter coming soon...

·
Registered
176 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
ok so let just make sure then i can use the older style accords just not the newer ones, becuz a brand new 98 accord shifter is $50. from hondaautomotiveparts.com

·
Registered
345 Posts
check on clubrsx.com they have them in the classified section very often for little to nothing. i got mine from there people do the revo short shift swap and then sell theirs for cheap. :D

·
Registered
176 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
ok thanks, ya i was also trying to find alteratives in case sumthing happens when i come around to needed that part for the swap that i wasnt stuck looking for sumone trying to sell theres.

thanks to everyone for the help

·
Registered
1,857 Posts
good stuff katman. thanx for the helpful pictures & info...

1 - 13 of 13 Posts